• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Call of Duty Campaign from Axis perspective?

Raven1986

Grizzled Veteran
May 24, 2014
Hello folks!

I have always wished for a FPS to allow me to fight from another perspective than the Allies. I was very disappointed that the first Call of Duty and the first Medal of Honor to hit the PC did not feature an Axis campaign.
Checking on the web there is so many forums discussions on this topic and a huge interest in it. Some stated however that killing Allied soldiers would leave a bad taste. DA HELL!? First it does not matter if you are shooting soldiers in Axis or Allied uniforms, you kill humans to begin with. Secondly what's the difference, the majority of soldiers were thrown into a devastating war without their agreement. This black and white, good and evil has always left a bad taste with me.
I was actually looking forward to Enemy Front but finding out that it is again a single (!) American defeating the entire German Army. (Yes, there is AI with him, but you get my point.)

I checked online if there is any mods available that somewhat "switch sides", yes there is.

Check this out:
[1] Let's Play: CoD2: Axis Mod - German Army Training [1080p] Full HD - YouTube

And tell me your opinion on this matter: Fighting a Singleplayer for the Axis?

Regards
Raven :)

I think that's pretty neat. Though it seemed everything was still Russian equipment by default. If it's Stalingrad that's not all that innacurate from what I hear. But still kinda wierd.

The mod is really simple, just changes models and voices. Story characters like Cpt. Price keep their English voice. Weapons have largely been swapped for German ones, but German AI allies do wield PPSh's and SVT's besides MP40 and Karabiner 98k.
In Africa and Normandy Germans do not make use of enemy weapons however.
Still it is refreshing as for me there's been somewhat a fatigue as it's all about gunning down Germans. Missions are dull as they are basically the same and never change. I do hope there will be a Axis SP in a game soon.

Upvote 0