• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

GTA V officially announced for PC!

Moskeeto

Dec 29, 2011
All I can say is that it's about damn time. I figured they were delaying the PC release in order to make a newer build of the game that was meant for the newer consoles alongside PC so that the PC version would be the definitely best version.

I know lots of people have gotten over the hype, but I sure haven't. I have purposely avoided all spoilers in anticipation.

Grand Theft Auto V -- Coming for PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC this Fall - YouTube

Imo they should have released a PROPER PC version alongside the console versions last year, there isn't really an excuse for that.

But still it makes a lot more business sense to release with new consoles. And maybe they didn't have time to finish by the time of previous console versions. Plus have it being pirated millions of times before new console version doesn't help one bit.

Now it gathers a lot more hype around it. That's how I would have done it. And it's a good thing because now it sells more and the next GTA will be even bigger and better(hopes).

Upvote 0
It seems to me that Rockstar wanted to put more work into the "next-gen" version because they wanted to add more features and details into the game, thus making it a completely different version of the game. This version was obviously not ready back when they first released the game on the older consoles and they didn't want to release that version on PC. They wanted the PC version to be the same as the "next-gen" version to make it the best version of the game possible.

Upvote 0
I personally did not enjoy Saints Row 4 nearly as much as Saints Row 3. It just felt like an emptier world with not much to do besides use all the super powers until getting bored of them.

I felt the same way. Really the problem was that that super powers invalidated the normal, fun gameplay of a game like Saint's Row. What fun is driving and crashing when you can fly? What fun is shooting when you can punch and kick guys into the stratosphere? If you'd played Prototype or something, you're familiar with how fun those powers are before they over stay their welcome. Especially building jumping and gliding. For a SP game, I suppose it's ok. In coop though it ended up killing the fun. Half the time we'd wander off in our own directions just mindlessly gliding around and punching guys.

Last edited:
Upvote 0