• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fix for BT HomeHub / Thomson / BeBox etc routers disconnecting - walking into walls

Connection Faults

Connection Faults

Rather than create a new thread i thought i should ask here first...i seem to be having the same problem with my belkin router, i can join a server and manage to watch a round until i spawn, run to the trader and then my internet crashes. Although i can run killing floor on my netbook perfectly and it doesn't crash at all, which makes me wonder whether there is a problem with my pc? Please any suggestions would go a long way, i've been trying for answers for weeks now but have found nothing.

Regards, Prodi-G.

Upvote 0
I know it is a bit off the topic, but i just don't know what to do, where to look for or to search for. And it might be better not making a thread about this.

My Modem is a THOMSON 516 V6. And my hardware config is not updated i think. I mean, i never updated it because i don't know where to, or if i have to.
My config is: 6.1.0.5
If anyone have the same modem or any info about this, would you be kind and post back?

Once again sory for the off-topic post.

Upvote 0
I would be surprised if it has stopped working, unless Steam has replaced this file (perhaps due to using the SteamUI beta?). If this is the case, then simply replace the file again (and make it read-only).

Nope, using Steam Beta UI, using the fix too, works perfectly. Thanks for that, really made me frustrated when I couldn't play any Steam games anymore just because my router was "good" for having a function that prevents hacking. >_<'

Upvote 0
Glad it's working for you Yin, I was aiming my reply at Labyrinth's comment. The router's actually at fault here, so don't praise it too much ;)

Yeah but I heard that this masterserver problem is usually caused by routers with a safety function against hackers, it basically shuts down when it gets too many UDP connections, which the masterserver does, atleast I guess so, it's what I read, correct me if it's wrong.

Upvote 0
In this case it isn't this feature causing it, instead it's a faulty rule in the router's configuration. You can read all about it in the link from my original post. The UDP flood detection will kick in if there are lots of inbound udp connections within a short space of time, but there hasn't been an issue with this in KF because the servers aren't queried quickly enough, and it shouldn't happen in any games using the Steam servers since a few years ago they slowed this down.

Upvote 0
In this case it isn't this feature causing it, instead it's a faulty rule in the router's configuration. You can read all about it in the link from my original post. The UDP flood detection will kick in if there are lots of inbound udp connections within a short space of time, but there hasn't been an issue with this in KF because the servers aren't queried quickly enough, and it shouldn't happen in any games using the Steam servers since a few years ago they slowed this down.

Yeah but why exactly do some routers tend to disconnect when getting the masterserver list? Just curiousity, it says because of a hidden configuration that shuts it down "60" seconds after getting the list.

Upvote 0