• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ports used by Killing Floor

Bt Homehub

Bt Homehub

Hi,
I have a bt homehub 1 (the white one) and it wont work with Killing Floor. It is the usual thing. I connect for about 30 secs then the people and zombies just keep moving. I have open the ports and that has not worked. I decided to just turn my homehub and pc router firewalls off. This still didnt fix the problem. Please can you advise me on what to do.
Thanks

Upvote 0
Yeah i get the same on BE, using the reconnect command works but its getting annoying even with the routers protection off and no software firewall it still does it, both killing floor and red orchestra do the same and no other game does

After digging around my routers settings it seems that killing floor's servers are sending out a icmp ping which the router is then rejecting therefore crashing, so why is tripwire using icmp pings for? since no other multiplayer does the same since no other multiplayer is freezing up like this..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Im having some trouble setting up a dedicated and listen server. With the new update i was able to open a listen server and see it in the server browser, the posts also showed up in my routers UPnP settings. I was also able to open a dedicated server and was able to join it. However ive just tried again today, both with listen and dedicated. After several attempts to open a listen server the ports finally showed up in my UPnp settings so i thought great, checked the server browser and it wouldn't show up. SO i thought id try again, 9/10 tries the ports never open and when they do i still cant see the server in the list. Also the dedicated server no longer works.

Any ideas why this is happening now? it worked after the new update to the game so it cant be that.

Upvote 0
I have also had some problems that coincide with when UPnP support was added. Previously, hosting games was flawless once I got the right ports forwarded on my router. Now it won't work at all. I'd like it if there was a config file setting or command line switch I could use to disable UPnP since it's caused nothing but problems for me.

Upvote 0
Can someone tell me how to open ports??? i dont understand it.

For the novice.. this method worked for me.

First, if you have a router.. Disconnect it and connect directly to your modem.

Go into your anti-virus / firewall software.. Look for an advanced settings box under the firewall tab. Go to ports.
from there open the ports as indicated on the thread. I set them all as "both" inbound and outbound.
I think I had to set up 4 different "adds" to hit the all the ports and whether it is IDP or UDP or both. You can combine some ports if they are in sequence as a single entry.

Check the game now. It should now connect to servers, and not hang.
If it does, then the problem was the router.

Now try reconnecting the router, when it reinstalls it should now detect those open ports and work better (did for me)

Now try playing with router connected.

If that still doesn't work, google "portforward" and use this free software to add the ports to the router, and try that.

Upvote 0
Ugh

Ugh

So, I'm understanding all of this stuff, but my issue here is:

I was using a crappy dell for about a week when I first got the game, every thing worked fine, minus having no graphics card. Ha.

So, I could find all of the servers when I clicked on 'internet games,' I had no issue finding any servers. So, I get a brand new, beautiful asus laptop.

I can't find any damn servers now. I don't understand why one computer worked fine, and a day later, my new computer doesn't at all.

I'm new to PC gaming, I usually just use regular consoles.

Helllp :(

Upvote 0
Still doesn't work

Still doesn't work

Hey, I've been trying constantly to host a listen server to play with me and my friends through my wireless connection, i've opened the ports on this website using portforwards instructions for my router (Netgear DGN2000) and I managed to find my killingfloor.ini file and set it to true but still to no vail =( (comes up with server not responding for my friends). I am playing through steam and I have no such problem hosting on other games. I've also made sure there are no other programs open that could interfere, if there is anything else I could do please let me know! I really want to be able to host =(

Upvote 0
Hi!
Anybody knows, how to open correctly ports on Mac OS with Airport Extreme?
I can join online games, but can't host mine=( I tried some port mapping in airport utility, opening ports in little snitch, tried switching it off (the mac os firewall is switched off too), but still grc tells me the ports are closed and noone can connect to my game (server behind nat changed to true).
If someone knows the solution, please help=)

Upvote 0
I am also having a similar problem, I have forwarded the ports and checked everything the has been suggested here and nothing..

When I start a server, no one can see it. when my friend starts a server I can sometimes see it and occasionally connect to it, when I do connect I can sometimes be there long enough for him to start a game, mostly I get kicked within seconds.

When the game starts it very rarely gets into the game, mostly it drops back to the main menu with no error message or anything. If it does let me get into the game it drops me within 30 secs of getting there.

The stupid thing is when we played it a couple of weeks ago it worked fine, I could join his game and we played for hours. I still couldn't start a server and have anyone see it but we could play. I have no idea what has changed since then. it's very frustrating.

My router is a DSL-2642B and my op system is Win 7 64bit.

Upvote 0