• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Big problem

Mr.Hellside

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 18, 2015
Greetings,i am a new member.I started playing KF yesterday,i have some sort of an error... I mean,when i try to enter a server downloading of the maps takes a really long time...And my network speed is 1mb/s! Can you please tell me how to increase the speed? Thank you.:IS2:

The reason for that (most of the time) is because the KF-Server limits the amount of file download bandwith available for clients, if fastdownload isn't set up correctly. I guess it's back from UT (the game is based on the ut2004 engine) where bandwith still was a limited thing and it would have influenced people playing on the server if one guy was downloading a 50 MB map.

If you don't want to wait you could download the map somewhere else and put it into your killingfloor/Maps folder. Alternatively you could contact the server owner and ask him to set up fastdownload or.... just pick a different server.

Where are you from? I might know some decent and properly set up servers you could add to your favorites.

Last edited:
Upvote 0