• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Won't Start

kylepelletier714

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 20, 2015
I've had this problem for several months and I have done everything I can find on both this forum and the steam forum and nothing has worked. I've deleted the .ini file and even uninstalled and reinstalled the game. It works off and on but off more than on. I've played twice in the past 6 months. I get this error message and a run time error sometimes.

Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2196 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 (3621)

Error setting display mode: No acceptable display modes found (D3D_OK). Please delete your KillingFloor.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game.

History: UD3D9RenderDevice::UnSetRes <- FindBestMatchingMode <- UD3D9RenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Please help me. I would love to play Killing Floor again. Anything that has to do with the basics of fixing it do not work i have tried several times.

have you updated your video drivers and directx?

You can try changing the renderer to opengl. Editing killingfloor.ini, under [Engine.Engine] anything with a ; (semicolon) at the beginning of "RenderDevice" means it will not use that renderer. So put the ; before the RenderDevice you are using, and remove the ; from OpenGL

eg:

[Engine.Engine]
;RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
;RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice
RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=PixoDrv.PixoRenderDevice

Upvote 0
i have found what to do!!
open steam
go to your liberary( where all of your games are)
right click killing floor
click the second option (downloadeble content for killing floor)
than click locale files (thirth option)
click first option ( search in locale files)
a windows screen will open ( white with me)
click system
than search the "killing floor.ini
if you found it just right click and delete it
thats it !!
now you can play
good luck
let me know if you can play

Upvote 0
I need some help, and for some reason can't i make a new tropic about this.
I'm using the nvidia beta drivers, guessing that why I'm getting this

Code:
Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 3310 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video: No Video

Can't find 'ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine' in configuration file

History: UObject::SafeLoadError <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Upvote 0