• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Latest fixes

1. I was able to launch KF without re-launching Steam up until this month. It may be Steam client's problem, but I don't know how to check it.
2. I'm running WinXP sp3.
1. Rename clientregistry.blob and then check again. If it stay's the same you may want to completely reinstall Steam client but backup your steamapps folder.
2. Win XP is officialy not supported anymore and is way too outdated. Get either Win7 or Win8. If you have the choice, go with Win8.

Upvote 0
Steam only runs the executable file (the .exe file) and doesn't do anything from there unless made to. So there is a problem with your steam client. If you're having to restart your steam client, this can be caused by a cracked steam game (known from others in the past) ;) KF only requests for steam access when you want to access anything needed steam (achievements, stat progress, character etc).

Player skins usually mean you have a problem with getting it all saved. This also could be a local file. Make sure you verify your files and see if you get any file problems.

Upvote 0