• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac Perks wont save

I'm having the same problem. I believe too it was after the halloween advancement when my perk leveling stopped working. please fix it.

I've done EVERYTHING. I deleted everything related to steam through a cleaning app and deleted and re downloaded the game but to a new different folder and still wont work.
I'm sure this isn't a system problem, the mac version is broken.

also I'm pretty sure I'm playing on servers which everything should work as I play with another person always and his advancements do work.
this has been a truly infuriating and painful experience as it's the only game we play. please fix it :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
mac issue

mac issue

I really hope you guys can fix this asap. I have a PC at home but I take my laptop with me at work and sometimes I can play Killing Floor while at work and therefor I have to use my laptop.

I have tried everything in order to fix this but nothing seems to work

deleting the registry blob file, killing floor.ini , the whole system folder, cache folder, verified game integrity, disabled my antivirus software etc.

Please let us know when you have solved this problem so I can keep on playing on my laptop, no point in playing when perks don't upgrade :/

Upvote 0
I've played KF for like 2 hours today. I've gone on the Demolitions perk from 2.6 million to 3.1 million. Then I exit the game after we all died, and when I tried to launch KF again, Steam got stuck on "preparing to launch Killing Floor...", so I exit Steam but now it was stuck on "syncing steam cloud", so I forced exit. Then I launched Steam and KF again, and the progress was gone. This happened 4 times today, without the game ever saving the perk progress. I lost interest in this game until this is fixed, and I certainly won't buy any more Tripwire **** from now on - the Mac version is just full of launching and crashing and perk-saving bugs that it's simply not worth bothering with.

Upvote 0
I got a simular problem.
When I join a public server, that provides a mode or some sort of download contend, I don't get any achievments anymore and all the perk process from the current game is gone after I exit the server.

It seema like something gets corrupted in the libary/application support/killing floor folder.
When I delete the folder and it gets recreated at the next game launch, I have to redo some settings, but the problem is gone.
It also works when I replace the folder with a backup copy, I made when the game was working.

Wasn't able to figure out what file exactly gets corrupted, but this problem is present since the last update. And it's frustrating :-(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I found a solution to this problem in an old post about the same issue with Linux clients.

Essentially the cached mutators are being saved in the wrong place. I have a script for Mac that moves the files as they need to be.

The files in "~/Library/Application Support/Killing Floor/Cache" need to be renamed and moved to
"~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/Common/KillingFloor/System/"

The names come from the file cache.ini in the Cache directory.
In cache.ini you will find lines like: 1F126EC14FBC553F61AA0CAA6CBAB571-1=KFDoorMessagesV3.u
The file "1F126EC14FBC553F61AA0CAA6CBAB571-1.uxx" needs to be moved and renamed to "KFDoorMessagesV3.u"

I cant attach the script so here it is copy pasted for you. Put it in the Cache directory, and run it with ruby.

#!/usr/bin/ruby

require 'fileutils'

class MutatorFix
@@directory = File.expand_path "~/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/Common/KillingFloor/System/"

def regexp
/^(.+)=(.*)$/
end

def run
data = read_cache_file
data.each do |line|
match = regexp.match(line)
hash = match[1]
filename = match[2]
puts("#{hash} #{filename}")
::FileUtils.cp("#{hash}.uxx", "#{@@directory}/#{filename}")
end
end

def read_cache_file
f = File.open('cache.ini')
lines = f.read.lines
lines.shift
lines
end
end

MutatorFix.new.run

Upvote 0