• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac getting dropped to the desktop mid-game

telezombie

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 5, 2013
I play on a Macbook Pro with an I7, 512gb ssd hard drive, retina display, with 8gb of memory and a nvidia geforce gt 650m graphics card. I am running mountain lion with latest updates. I have been playing Killing floor on a custom server using custom mods and custom skins. The game will play fine for a while but sometimes quits completely without any errors to the desktop. This has been going on for a long time and I have been dealing with it as it is a minor irritation. But last night I was doing really well and then bam....to the desktop. so I thought maybe someone can help me figure this out because I am lost.
Things I have done:
1: I have verified the game integrity multiple times with a full pass each time
2: I have uninstalled and re-installed the game multiple times
3: I have wiped my operating system and re-installed everything thinking it was something wrong with the OS. Still get crashes to the desktop randomly playing on this server.
On the server notes they point to a known problem that you can fix if you are playing on a windows OS. It explains how you can adjust the game so that it can handle more memory as the server uses a lot of modifications. I don't know if this applies to the mac at all as they don't have any workarounds for the mac. I'm not even sure if this is what is causing my problems.

Attachments

• KillingFloor.log
    248.3 KB · Views: 0
This would happen to me. I have the left command key bound as my primary fire and my alt/option key bound to my secondary fire. I used to try to quickheal (Pressing Q) while shooting my primary...which would actually be the Hotkey Command+Q which makes the running program quit. I laughed pretty hard when i found out how dumb i was being.

Upvote 0