• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac Use the Steam Server Browser to connect to updated KF servers

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    We have discovered the root of the problem most mac users are currently experiencing with mismatches.

The mac is currently only showing outdated servers in steam, while the client itself is actually updated (but showing the wrong version number).

You can work around this by joining a server via the Steam server browser. We are working to get a fix readied to address the issue and are discussing what we can do for mac users internally.

still doesnt work

still doesnt work

we joined a server via steam as you said and still the same problems (i.e perks, etc), we will just have to wait for the updated fix hopefully ASAP. Please... also extend the halloween event since we been having to deal with this problem for almost a week now with delayed and very few support responses....you have many angry KF addicts that need to play.

Upvote 0
    steam server browser?

steam server browser?

Yoshiiiiiiiiiiro! How do I get to steam's server browser? Its not in the in-game overlay!?...also I Hope you guys n gals extend the halloween bash

...and maybe give mac users a special super dupa scary dlc Troll mask too. I would very much like that, perhaps i can model it and send you an .obj? :)

Upvote 0
    Is this just a fix to let us play, or can we get achievements? I tried a server, and I couldn't get the big hunt cheive.

It really makes it pointless to try and rush something out if we aren't going to have it in time to get the skins, which is my main goal. I want that lovely Chicken Commando, and just because I play on a mac, I have been unable to do so.

Upvote 0
    Yes I can connect to a server via the steam server browser. But when I do I join a game without any of my perks (starting at level 0) and I suppose without access to any of the achievements so we can't access the halloween event...

As other people have mentioned, when trying to access the achievements/perks page we get the error: Unknown Steam Error Is Preventing Access To This

Upvote 0