• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac Killing Floor Won't Start After Removing HD Monitor

anonomys209

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 25, 2011
Hello all.

I was using a 32" HDTV as a second monitor for a while, and the last time I played Killing Floor before I got rid of it I was playing in 1920x1080 resolution, which fit that screen. I'm now using a dual monitor setup, but neither monitor supports 1080p, the max res is 1680x1050.

Every time I try to launch the game, the icon appears in my dock and then disappears just as quickly. I thought this was a problem with the game itself so I uninstalled and reinstalled completely. Still didn't work.

Yesterday, while staying at a buddy's house for the weekend, I had my computer hooked up to his HDTV and tried to launch Killing Floor. It launched with no problem into 1920x1080p res.

This leads me to believe that upon launch, the game is looking for the 1920x1080p resolution, but since neither of my monitors support it, it just shuts down. No error messages or anything.

I've deleted all local game content on my Mac and reinstalled completely, and it still does the same thing every time I try to launch.

Does anyone know how to force the game to launch in the monitors native resolution (in my case, 1680x1050)...? I can't imagine that this is the end of the line for me LOL

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!