• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac KF randomly crashes

OneSki

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 24, 2016
Middle of the game, end of the game, in the menus, but usually right in the middle of the game... The game just quits. No crash report, no error report, just quits as if I had hit command Q... No way to know when it's going to happen... It just did it to me again, I was just starting the boss round on KF Hard difficulty. Players just gave me a ton of cash after myself and a few others got killed the previous round, the boss round started, and it quit.

Hi. I mainly play it on windows but I do have a Mac. Did you check the killing floor log file? That can sometimes point you in the right direction. I'm not sure where it is on the Mac version, but when you find it post the last bit of it on here. Make sure you do this right after a crash, because as soon as you start the game the log resets.

I will warn you, this game does crash a lot on windows as well, but not as much as you are experiencing. Also please post your macs specs.

Upvote 0
I'm having the same problem. It usually happens during a loading moment, such as right after a wave, or when the Trader loads, or after the Trader, or when the new wave loads.

I was also wondering who do I send a crash report to. It was stated in a thread elsewhere, but there is no contact info. given at all.

Upvote 0