• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server A mutator for regulating wave adjustment when players join?

satsun

Dec 18, 2011
Is there a mutator that can prevent the game from adjusting the number of zeds BEFORE players actually join the fight? When people connect to the server while you're between waves, the server immediately adjusts the values for number of zeds and their HP. If those people don't actually join into the game before the wave starts, you're now stuck with what you would have otherwise had help with.

So I was wondering if there is a mutator that can prevent the game from changing the wave size until after the player actually joins into the game.

It doesn't adjust to how many players are in-game, it adjusts to how many player's that are alive.

I'm not so sure, I have noticed before that a player who connects during the trader wave, but doesn't actually spawn does indeed increase the specimen count.

I was solo in a server for a few waves before this happened, and the starting specimen count went from about 60 the wave before to 130 on the new wave. I didn't think the jump from wave 3 to 4 was so intense :p

This was a long long time ago mind you, so whether its been recently fixed in a patch or not, I can't say.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I may be mixing myself up with the health of the specimen and the specimen amount per wave. I know for sure the specimen health ON SPAWN changes to how many are alive and not player total (not including spectators). If you mean that people joined in too late and the wave is about to start so the specimen amount rises, I wouldn't be suprised cause that I think that is total players (without spectators).

Upvote 0