• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server KF Whitelist Mutator Suggestion List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, i think tripwire has forgotten about us, they havent posted in this thread for almost 6 months. Alot of muts need to be added, lol. Scrakes/stalkers/husk only muts would be great!

We haven't forgotten about anyone. The problem is that we haven't scheduled an update for Killing Floor. Whenever the next update comes, the Whitelist will be updated. We are sorry for the delay on these, but it'll be worth the wait.

Upvote 0
We haven't forgotten about anyone. The problem is that we haven't scheduled an update for Killing Floor. Whenever the next update comes, the Whitelist will be updated. We are sorry for the delay on these, but it'll be worth the wait.

Is the updating procedure different from maps for mutators then? Because a map update doesn't need a whole new patch...does it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can forget about scrakes and stalkers. Those will never be official.

Scrake= Bersekers wet dream because they dont move when they are attacked by them
Stalkers= Do i need to say more than <________________>

I don't see a problem with scrakes. A SCRAKE doesn't move when hit with a katana, but I don't think the mutator intends to spawn only one scrake at a time. :p

Upvote 0
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=42624[/URL]

Adds the old machine pistol from KF 2.5 to the trader's menu! But this isn't just the old KF 2.5 machine pistol, its better, extremely balanced and reliable, fairly priced, has a very nice chrome skin, and in my opinion, should be an official new weapon to the game for the medic perk if TWI ever accepts it.

Reactions: KingJoker
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
My suggestion is this bunch of system files used in some "Doom" - like maps.
I don't think it will be any harm to whitelist it. Of course not any maps using it (not the standards of KEPT) but those files themselves make nothing special to a server, but now would be a problem with keep it "clean" for players' levelling up on others maps.

UPDATE:
One of .u file has been updated - the last version here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So, without properly reporting this to anyone, the Mutator Whitelist was updated in the last update(a few days ago). We updated the Anti-Blocker Mutator to 1.1 as many of you have figured out, but we also added the following:

Server Ads KF(Same as above, but made for KF)
ServerAdsKF.u
Download Link Mirror 1 Mirror 2

KF Faked Players
KFFakedPlayers.u
Download Link

KF IRC Bot
KFIRCBot.u
Download Link

KF Map Vote Fix
KFMapVote.u
Download Link

KF Impossible
KFImpossibleF.u
Download Link

Here are the requests that I feel need some sort of response:

doom Teleport Effect

Adds Sound + effect to a teleport from doom

We were unable to download this.

Name: MutSlomoDeath
Filename: MutSlomoDeath.zip
Download Link:http://www.filefront.com/15443793/MutSlomoDeath.zip
This basically slows down the speed of ragdolls dramatically and is very fun to play with!

We were also unable to download this.

Nice try pall. Like Oliver said, looking at your server... Clots&Suicidal&Doom.

Leveling. And you want imaginary players to create ****-ton of clots so you can grind your perks. Not going to happen.

We actually whitelisted the Faked Players mutator because we dewhitelisted the Specimen Only mutators. No more haxors =D

My suggestion is this bunch of system files used in some "Doom" - like maps.
I don't think it will be any harm to whitelist it. Of course not any maps using it (not the standards of KEPT) but those files themselves make nothing special to a server, but now would be a problem with keep it "clean" for players' levelling up on others maps.

UPDATE:
One of .u file has been updated - the last version here.

We were unable to whitelist these because there is simply too much code in them. There was no feasible way for us to go through the thousands of lines of code and make sure nothing was in there, especially when classes functioning together can have unexpected side effects. Such as something that causes the AI to break when enabled or added to a map, such that the Zeds will just spawn and stand there. We just can't take that kind of risk with such a massive collection of classes. Sorry =/

Upvote 0
Why was my Uncensored Stalkers mutator not whitelisted? It's simply a custom skin for the game that has absolutely no impact whatsoever in the damned slightest possible on gameplay. There is really no conceivable reason not to whitelist it. The modding community is pretty gimped to begin with due to this whitelist and it would have been nice to see TWI take that first tiny baby step to fostering the growth of something other than maps by accepting the first custom skin into the game.

Keep in mind that the only reason I had to create a mutator to implement this custom skin to begin with is because there is no other way. That is what zYnthetic says and I'm merely conforming quite reasonably to this modding limitation. Of course, that doesn't do me or anyone else much good if the mutator isn't whitelisted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@[TW]Xienen: Is disabling perk progression via a mutator possible? If so, would you be willing to whitelist certain mutators that wouldn't normally be allowed if they disable perk progression themselves? It saves having to maintain a separate list for mutators that allow perk use but not progression. Just a thought.

Upvote 0
Why was my Uncensored Stalkers mutator not whitelisted? It's simply a custom skin for the game that has absolutely no impact whatsoever in the damned slightest possible on gameplay. There is really no conceivable reason not to whitelist it. The modding community is pretty gimped to begin with due to this whitelist and it would have been nice to see TWI take that first tiny baby step to fostering the growth of something other than maps by accepting the first custom skin into the game.

Keep in mind that the only reason I had to create a mutator to implement this custom skin to begin with is because there is no other way. That is what zYnthetic says and I'm merely conforming quite reasonably to this modding limitation. Of course, that doesn't do me or anyone else much good if the mutator isn't whitelisted.

Due to the legal implications with the ESRB(as well as similar systems in other countries) we were unable to "endorse" this mutator. We would honestly be sued.

@[TW]Xienen: Is disabling perk progression via a mutator possible? If so, would you be willing to whitelist certain mutators that wouldn't normally be allowed if they disable perk progression themselves? It saves having to maintain a separate list for mutators that allow perk use but not progression. Just a thought.

Honestly I hope we just have the time to spare to implement this system, as this would be more complicated the maintain than the original system.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.