• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server KF Whitelist Mutator Suggestion List

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to look at ACM and Random Map right now. If their code seems harmless(which I'm 99% sure it is), I'll add them to the list right now and they'll be able to run along side Perks after the next update.

Killer: You can use whatever files you want on your server, just because things are not White Listed doesn't mean you can't use them. Obviously, though, we do not want something that is so obviously cheat prone to end up on a list that allows Perks to be gained.

Upvote 0
Mayb those that dont want lots of gore and violence in their servers may use this: http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Mods/&file=disintegration.zip

Disintegration - by David Catmull - [email protected] - http://www.uncommonplace.com/

Purpose
-------
I'm not the type that likes to crank up the gore in my games, but I figure if I'm going to lose the blood and guts I should replace them with something that still looks cool. So think of this mutator as like a holodeck simulation: when you die, you disintegrate. When you get hit, you give off a burst of sparks. Damaged players give off sparks continuously based on their remaning health.
This could possibly be used as well to dim the lighting for servers on maps as well: http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Mods/&file=Dim%2B%2BLights.zip

Just dims the lighting on maps for all...

This can possibly be used to provide more gore to servers as well: http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Mods/&file=MoreGoreRetail.rar

MoreGore v2

Description:

This mutator allows you to increase the amount of gore generated when gibbing another player, creating very messy and in someways, artistic deaths. Added in this version for UT is more bloodspray when hit and a DigDug mode.
---Stixsmaster

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Sounds a bit like a cheat-enabler to me :p

*Can see waves of fleshpounds being perkfarmed by god-moded players*

Don't think it's likely to be witelisted..

I'd really like to see this exact mutator for server admin control.. it's great to be able to have control of your server.. slapping, fatalities which gives a player a second chance to listen to rules or what may be, without having to kick them..those are a couple GREAT features of that mod..I do absolutely agree that the god modes, and summoning need taken out..so if I coded this mutator again, but with only these 4 abilities:

1. fatality (kills players with an ion blast, but keeps them in spec mode until next round..basically an "out" option for un ruly players
2. Slap (Slaps players with a configurable amount of damage and distance can be used as a deterrent for certain things..and is useful for Trader rooms that get jammed. you can literally slap a player out of the way that's there, without harming said player, to clear the doorway which is one good use)
3. ServerAds (I know SererEXT is here in the whitelist.. but when you're used to UT2Votes EXTREMELY configurable server ads ability, including screen location, color, size, frequency, font etc. ServerEXT is a poor substitue at best. I've GOT to code something similar to the UT2Vote Server Ads feature for KF.. I had KF running using the UT2Vote in the MOD Version...so yeah this would be good.)
4. FLY (ok now you will see this as a cheat. but here's why I'd like to have it only for the admins...there are certain maps that players get stuck in..can't get out. glitches things that are un-foreseen..it'd be nice to adminfly these players out of there..but so this is not abused...I can put it so perk progression is DISABLED as soon as the "fly" command is invoked on said player.. until they respawn...:) which means they could suicide, but have to rejoin and sit one out anyway.. IE learning the lesson of where not to get stuck, and yet never given the chance to progress perks while in fly mode but get them unstuck also. basically a way to keep players from leaving in these situations...and keeping the group alive!

ANY and ALL cheats, summon commands, god mode or any "CRAP" like that would never see the light of day in this mutator. but yes....if you guys would agree to check out this mutator, and My headshot sound mutator for Zeds (maybe help me with the specific Specimen code I'd need to distinguish headshot sounds from different Z.E.D.s etc. if possible Xienen lol) , I'll submit them both soon:) thanks!

...Derek...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just tested this with Benjamin and you have to stay still to remain inside each other. You can swivel, but a single step out of the body and your out. I don't see this messing with specimens. There is a problem with KF-Manor that in conjunction with this mutator could be made into a super exploit, but the KF-Manor thing should be fixed soon, because I messaged a Dev. about it. Some of you guys know what I am talking about.

Please whitelist this so I can put it on my server all the time.

Upvote 0
We will look into KFAntiBlocker and I'll talk to a Level Designer about the issue on Manor.

As for the mutator suggestion Derek, we'll discuss the FLY aspect of the mutator, but otherwise I'd say it's a go. We should also discuss the ZOUNDS mutator to make sure all bases are covered on it, as we do not generally allow the modification of sounds, but if its just when shooting the Zeds or just when headshotting them, then it should be fine.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.