• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Windows KF Dedicated Server Tutorial

I don't know how to do that sorry.

However, it's quite easy to key bind. Simply open the console and add, for example:

SET INPUT m adminlogin <password>

This will edit your:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\System\User.ini file.

alternatively you can add the admin commands to that file directly. For example:
N=admin adminsay Feed them cakes!

You can manually remove or edit binds from that file at your convenience.

Upvote 0
Hi guys, i have another question, how to made sandbox games?

Because on solo games is very easy:

KillingFloor2009-05-1721-46-03-48.jpg

But in a server ??? On web admin you got this:

web.jpg

But there i cant configure the wave options... maybe something in the console or in the .ini?

And another question, i dont have music on custom maps, in solo game yes, but in server no, for example, the hive, i make a new folder on the server for music but it doesnt work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm having a problem with my webadmin, I change the login details to the .bat file. I restart the server and I still cannot login to web admin at all. Says incorrect password etc.

I assume you've set the web admin to enabled and opened the ports for access. Can you post your complete command line for the launch .bat please and if necessary can you allow someone you trust with your login details to make a login attempt as well?

Upvote 0
I assume you've set the web admin to enabled and opened the ports for access. Can you post your complete command line for the launch .bat please and if necessary can you allow someone you trust with your login details to make a login attempt as well?

Code:
ucc server KF-BioticsLab.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?AdminName=dasweb?AdminPassword=xxxxx

but when I login to my game server provider the command line they have set is:

server KF-BioticsLab.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecure=true?MaxPlayers=6 ini=KillingFloor.ini multihome=209.246.170.15 port=7707 log=Gameservers.log -nohomedir

Upvote 0
I tried making a new thread for the Lag issue, but it either didn't go through, or hasn't been approved by an admin yet. Anyway

My dedicated server is being run on the Same computer that i am playing Killing floor on. I've got a Q6600 Quad core processor, 2 gigs RAM, 450 Gigs hard drive space, 8800 GTS Graphics card.

Do i need to be running the dedicated server on it's own isolated machine, or is it really a problem running it on my desktop computer? In truth, I think its my router, and i plan to reset it and refoward the ports after this post, and hopefully that helps something. Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
NVM found a compressing tool,

but now my problem is that after getting wiped and the mapvote comes the custom map "prison" doesn't show up even tho it says in my KF.ini:

[DefaultKF MaplistRecord]
DefaultTitle=Default KF
DefaultGameType=KFMod.KFGameType
DefaultActive=3
DefaultMaps=KF-BioticsLab
DefaultMaps=KF-Manor
DefaultMaps=KF-WestLondon
DefaultMaps=KF-Offices
DefaultMaps=KF-Farm
DefaultMaps=KF-Prison

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have a question here.

Is it possible to setup a dedicated slot for admins? So if my server is full im still able to join? As well, does any one know a full list of admin commands?

note: I'm not running a dedicated server.

Any help would be appreciated. Also, thanks for this thread, it was helpful :)

Upvote 0
So, I compressed some maps, uploaded them to fileden as you suggested and then edited the .ini the way eveything should be. Enter my server, change the map, and it still downloads from the game server. I reopen the .ini and the redirect URL has been deleted. I've tried deleted the .ini and uploading a new one and when the map changes, it wipes the redirect URL again. Any ideas on how to fix this so that it will stay?

Upvote 0
I have a question here.

Is it possible to setup a dedicated slot for admins? So if my server is full im still able to join? As well, does any one know a full list of admin commands?

note: I'm not running a dedicated server.

Any help would be appreciated. Also, thanks for this thread, it was helpful :)

Use ServerExt http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=3583http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=3583
It works for me.
But with this Plugin you have to connect twice. The first connect will kick players in the order you set up in the WebInterface. The second connect will you allow to enter the now 1 slot free server.

Upvote 0
Need help please

Need help please

ive tryed to follow your instruction on how to put custom maps on a dedicated server but im stuck at step 2. my custom maps file are in ".ut2" insted of ".rom" so does it is the same thing or not and euh how do we name the ".dat" file. does i had to name it map or something specific or not and how to execute the ".dat" ??? please contact me on xfire ciarabella thx for help

Upvote 0