• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Unable to get FTP redirect to work

TheTCREngineer

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
United Arab Emirates
I've been trying for hours to get this thing to work. The only time it actually does work is when I use skillz public redirect, never whenever I enter my own FTP in the redirect. In the RedirectToURL line I put in ftp://username: password@host/kf/Compressed/ Which stores a compressed map(.uz2) of WestlondonNight_v7(as it doesn't have any custom textures). It downloads it at a snails pace, 0.1% per second. I'd doubt anyone would join a server that installs custom content at a staggeringly slow pace. Is there any way to get this thing working? What am I doing wrong?

Skillz;n2303359 said:
The redirect only uses HTTP. It wont work with FTP. Install a web server and use HTTP.

Sounds like a pain to setup a webserver...I've only received a free FTP with the server and thought it was possible to be able to get an ftp or dropbox working. Hey Skillz, can you host a private one or nah? I'm also thinking of using the public redirect you've got to add my own files.

Upvote 0