• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Patch 1055

I now have tested these weapons on a test map and my understanding for the two new launchers for the Demolitions Expert is that you now can get some decent Demo weapons before the M4 or M32. This is something I would have liked to have before. This is the right way for the Demo not to need to wait until wave 5 or 6 to get some actual weapons.

Also it is possible to use the harpoon launcher to kill a Fleshpound if you have skill. And that's something people were missing when weapons like the M99 were introduced.

The SeekerSix is a good weapon against medium zeds but also can hold off every other zed a bit back due to his knockback. The SeekerSix and the Harpoon Launcher aren't intended to be a new M32 or new super weapons for the demo. It's a part of filling the lack between the M79 and the M32/M4. (I personally think that the damage of the SeekerSix might be a bit too low.)

This doesn't mean that these are completely useless. As we all know the Demolitions Expert is in the role of a support unit. It's main role is to hold back hordes of zombies and the two new weapons can do that but of course the M32 is better. But that's alright because the two new weapons are not intended to be better.

The bad thing about it is that's a dlc. Of course you can get it cheaper on the sales probably. But not everybody is willing to pay for all those dlcs. Which means not everybody benefits from the dlcs.

I'd like to see at least one Demo weapon which fills the lack between the M79 and the M4/M32 which is for free. Not because I don't like to pay for weapons. I bought every weapon back so far and will probably buy the new dlcs when these are on sale. It's the basis. As a Demo you're very limited to get some decent weapons that can actually do something. You'll struggle until wave 5, 6 or 7 until you get the M32 and/or M4 and completely rely on your team's help not to get eaten even by some crawlers.

My conclusion so far:

Positives:

• It fills the lack between the M79 and the M32/M4
  • They are cheaper than the M4/M32
  • Have great potential if used correctly
  • Skill based weapons especially the Harpoon Launcher
  • The SeekerSix is a good weapon to attack the medium zeds
  • New options in weapons loadouts and tactics
Negatives:

• The SeekerSix might be a bit underpowered
  • It's in a dlc which costs 7€

Feel free to write your opinion about the new weapons and my post!

Last edited:
Upvote 0