• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Patch Version 1051

Zeds still ignore me...

Zeds still ignore me...

I was aware that you all at Tripwire knew that with the summer update came along a bug that caused zeds to ignore players, and because of this I just decided to wait patiently for an update - as I am aware that you all are quite involved in maintaining the game.

Well, it's been a while and haven't noticed any changes. So, I decided to revisit the forum to see if there had been updates about the bug, and then I stumbled on, "Fixed an issue where monsters would ignore players"....Well zeds are still very much ignoring me.

I can literally just stand in one spot while all the zeds walk right past me and be no more than 2 to 3 feet away from me. Is anyone else still having issues with this bug after this fix? Is it just me? I play Zerker quite a bit and I find myself spending most of my time chasing zeds that are headed elsewhere.

Now, zeds snap out of their ignoring-phase if I attack them, fire a weapon, or if another player's grenade (either hand grenade, or from grenade launcher) goes off in my vicinity.

Upvote 0
They tried to fix it but it didn't work as expected, they're aware of the issue so all we can do is keep waiting.

I'm honestly getting used to it, it's reasonable to think theses zeds don't have the same mental faculties as they used to when they were humans, if I was a stupid clot of course I'd prioritize a noisy AA-21 to a Katana.

Like the welder burning thing, it's kinda cool too.. Think about all the new players from the summer event, this is all they know. They're gonna be pissed when they change the game back to what it was :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I see...

I see...

So they tried to fix it and it didn't quite work. Oh well, as long as they are aware that this is still an issue.

And yeah, I've sort of gotten used to it also. However, I feel it's dumbing down my skills as I am being quite careless now. I'm sure when the bug is fully fixed, I'll begin to get my butt kicked until get re-used to the zeds returning to normal haha!

Thanks for the replies :)

Upvote 0