• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Xmas Event Delayed

You guys need to calm down, jeez. They are working their arses off to get this out asap and all you guys do is flame them. If I was them, i'd turn around and say sod you all if you want to be like that.
And that is why you probably wouldn't be very successful as a developer :)

I don't see whats going on here as flaming, I see it as compassion coming out as slight disappointment. People care enough to make posts and constantly check for updates. They care to express their excitement and their impatience to something they expected to already be here. All TWI needs to do is say "There is an issue, the update will be released when its fixed". Providing a date for when it "might be fixed" is a very bad idea and only upsets people further when even that extension isn't lived up to.

Upvote 0
And that is why you probably wouldn't be very successful as a developer :)

I don't see whats going on here as flaming, I see it as compassion coming out as slight disappointment. People care enough to make posts and constantly check for updates. They care to express their excitement and their impatience to something they expected to already be here. All TWI needs to do is say "There is an issue, the update will be released when its fixed". Providing a date for when it "might be fixed" is a very bad idea and only upsets people further when even that extension isn't lived up to.
That's the difference of being one and not being one. Im not the developer here so I can say it whereas they can't. Honestly, read above and see exactly what people are saying. Im just seeing a load of demands when I rather have them fix their problem then reply to us every hour to update how it is.

Upvote 0
That's the difference of being one and not being one. Im not the developer here so I can say it whereas they can't. Honestly, read above and see exactly what people are saying. Im just seeing a load of demands when I rather have them fix their problem then reply to us every hour to update how it is.

No one is telling them to update us "every hour". A single post saying that the issue is more than they expected to have and that as soon as a workaround has been figured out then it'll get pushed out to steam will do just fine.

And stating that it will be available as soon as they figure out the problem is a better way of going about it instead of listing a date. Only to have it come and pass and make people angrier.

Upvote 0
No one is telling them to update us "every hour". A single post saying that the issue is more than they expected to have and that as soon as a workaround has been figured out then it'll get pushed out to steam will do just fine.

And stating that it will be available as soon as they figure out the problem is a better way of going about it instead of listing a date. Only to have it come and pass and make people angrier.

Yoshiro's Twitter has updates on there, as of about an hour ago they were still working on a bug "found in testing right before the release"

Upvote 0