• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Hill Billy Horror Halloween 2012 Patch Released

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    http://www.killingfloorthegame.com/halloween2012/

Hillbilly Horror Event
    The Killing Floor Halloween event is back for a limited time with all new Hillbillly themed monsters!

Event Details
    ● Free for everyone that owns Killing Floor - auto downloaded through Steam.
    ● All new level, Hillbillly Horror, surrounded by heaps of redneck trash you and your friends must defend yourselves from monstrous hillbillies in the North Georgia mountains.
    ● Replaces all specimens with Hillbillly themed monsters
    ● 15 all new achievements. Six of which are only available during the Hillbillly event
    ● New official weapons: MKB42 assault rifle (a favorite of many heroes in the battle of Stalingrad), WWII Trenchgun with dragons breath incendiary rounds, Nail Gun with nails that can bounce around corners and nail the heads of zeds to the wall, Medic Nade that will heal teammates and poison zeds
    ● 4 additional weapons as part of the first ever community weapon pack DLC: Scythe, Flare Gun wild west pistol, Thompson SMG, Saw Blade Crossbow with bouncing retrievable blades
    ● “Grim Reaper” playable character unlockable for the duration of the Halloween 2012 event (To unlock players need to gain 6 Halloween 2012 achievements and 1 Hillbilly Horror map achievement)
    ● “Chickenator” purchasable playable character DLC

Other Changes
    ● Rebalanced the M99 - Slightly reduced damage, increased ammo price, reduced starting ammo amount, reduced ammo pickup amount
    ● Hitting an already burning enemy with a fire based weapon no longer resets the culmulative burning damage. This results is more damage over time for fire weapons.
    ● Added functionality for melee weapons to damage enemies in an arc in front of you. Does more damage closer to to the center of where you are looking, and less damage farther away (Used by the Claymore and Scythe)
    ● Added a filter to the server browser for all game types
    ● All non-whitelisted mutators are now greylisted (Cannot unlock achievements or perk levels)
    ● Several small changes requested by the mod community: (More Info For Modders Here)

Bug Fixes
    ● Fixed a bug where players would lose ammo when dropping one pistol when they had two of the same kind
    ● Fixed monsters severing more limbs than they had
    ● Fixed a bug where crawlers can take burning damage indefinitely
    ● Fixed a crash that could sometimes happen after burning damage
    ● Fixed a case where Firebugs would not receive their intended fire resistance.
    ● Fixed a case where Firebugs would not receive flame damage experience from husk gun projectile impacts.
    ● Fixed a case where some melee weapons would not get blood decals
    ● Fixed an exploit with medic weapon drops (on the MP7 and M7A3)
    ● Fixed a bug with the Hunting Shotgun where the ammo count was not being properly kept

Known Issues
    ● Joining via steam friends and invites will not work on passworded servers

http://www.killingfloorthegame.com/2012/07/05/killing-floor-summer-sideshow-event-2012/

Hillbilly Horror Event
    The Killing Floor Halloween event is back for a limited time with all new Hillbillly themed monsters!

Event Details
    ● All new level, Hillbillly Horror, surrounded by heaps of redneck trash you and your friends must defend yourselves from monstrous hillbillies in the North Georgia mountains.
    ● 15 all new achievements. Six of which are only available during the Hillbillly event
    ● New official weapons: MKB42 assault rifle (a favorite of many heroes in the battle of Stalingrad), WWII Trenchgun with dragons breath incendiary rounds, Nail Gun with nails that can bounce around corners and nail the heads of zeds to the wall, Medic Nade that will heal teammates and poison zeds
    ● 4 additional weapons as part of the first ever community weapon pack DLC: Scythe, Flare Gun wild west pistol, Thompson SMG, Saw Blade Crossbow with bouncing retrievable blades
    ● “Grim Reaper” playable character unlockable for the duration of the Halloween 2012 event (To unlock players need to gain 6 Halloween 2012 achievements and 1 Hillbilly Horror map achievement)

Other Changes
    ● Rebalanced the M99 - Slightly reduced damage, increased ammo price, reduced starting ammo amount, reduced ammo pickup amount
    ● Hitting an already burning enemy with a fire based weapon no longer resets the culmulative burning damage. This results is more damage over time for fire weapons.
    ● Added functionality for melee weapons to damage enemies in an arc in front of you. Does more damage closer to to the center of where you are looking, and less damage farther away (Used by the Claymore and Scythe)
    ● All non-whitelisted mutators are now greylisted (Cannot unlock achievements or perk levels)
    ● Several small changes requested by the mod community: (More Info For Modders Here)

Bug Fixes
    ● Fixed a bug where players would lose ammo when dropping one pistol when they had two of the same kind
    ● Fixed a case where Firebugs would not receive flame damage experience from husk gun projectile impacts.
    ● Fixed a bug with the Hunting Shotgun where the ammo count was not being properly kept

Known Issues

M. Bison "Yes Yes!" Widescreen HD reupload - YouTube

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    http://www.killingfloorthegame.com/2012/07/05/killing-floor-summer-sideshow-event-2012/
    Spoiler!

Your link was to the Summer Sideshow 2012 :p

Upvote 0
    You don't seriously have to pay for the new weapons, do you? That's an awful way to split the community. Doubt it will help modding much either, if every good community weapon pack gets picked up and sold to us.
    Edit: Thought I should point out once more that I uninstalled the game, one of my all-time favourites, because this is just blunder of the century level of stupidity.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    TWI, frankly put, Killing Floor's great, and I think everyone here can agree that part of its lasting appeal is your guys' model of excellent updates to the game content, hell, it sure keep me coming back for more.

I've gladly supported you guys by purchasing the skin packs, but DLC like this that fragments the community is a bad idea. I get that this is a way to give back to the modders, and I agree, they should get something for their outstanding working, but hiding their content behind a paywall is, in my opinion (and I'm sure I'm echoing many fans) not the way to go. Surely there's a better system, perhaps something akin to Valve's method of supporting map-makers, their stamp system: a donation that comes with a small cosmetic bonus. Maybe something like that could be done?

Upvote 0
    I'm quite surprised to see Tripwire turn into the kind of developer who brings out advantages in the form of a weapon pack.

Character models were only cosmetic but forcing people to pay for an advantage is just like the sort of thing EA Games would do.

Depends on the price, but I have to say i'm a little disappointed unless these don't vary much at all.

Upvote 0
    Seriously, show some appreciation

Seriously, show some appreciation

You don't seriously have to pay for the new weapons, do you? That's an awful way to split the community. Doubt it will help modding much either, if every good community weapon pack gets picked up and sold to us.
    Edit: Thought I should point out once more that I uninstalled the game, one of my all-time favourites, because this is just blunder of the century level of stupidity.

I'm going to do my best not to flame you as hard as humanly possible. I don't post much, if at all but your comment is the pinnacle of selfishness.

Firstly how many FREE updates have they given us?

How many FREE content have they given us?

How many patches have they given us? Not only to fix exploits but only to add functions that the community asked for?

Every year multiple events occur often times with new content to be unlocked and new characters for obtaining achievements.

The price of the game, let me remind you is 20 f-cking dollars, thats less than 3 value meals at McDonalds.

All this content for 20 dollars, not to mention their DLCs are very reasonably priced, the new ones anyways, the old DLCs were underpriced, I bought like a bunch of them to give to my friends as seasons greetings.

-----------------------

So now you are going to gripe about a paid weapons pack???!!!!!!

Firstly the weapons pack isn't made by EA, activision, 2k or THQ, its from the modders of OUR (or maybe just mine) community!!!! Ivan and Jack have been extremely giving to this community with many contributions, not only with their mods I may add.

This is a chance for them to bring their hard work to the forefront and I, as many people also will, would support them by purchasing the DLC.

Upvote 0
    As I said before in a separate thread (or attempted to, I don't believe the post went through), please, consider having reskins or recolors for the guns instead of having to simply buy the guns themselves. It'll make everyone happy, and the communities won't be split.
    Please, P2W polices have split game communities before, and I would honestly hate to see that happen to KF. If the game continues down the route of having to pay to get new weapons, it won't end well.

Upvote 0
    I'm going to do my best not to flame you as hard as humanly possible. I don't post much, if at all but your comment is the pinnacle of selfishness.

Firstly how many FREE updates have they given us?

How many FREE content have they given us?

How many patches have they given us? Not only to fix exploits but only to add functions that the community asked for?

Every year multiple events occur often times with new content to be unlocked and new characters for obtaining achievements.

The price of the game, let me remind you is 20 f-cking dollars, thats less than 3 value meals at McDonalds.

All this content for 20 dollars, not to mention their DLCs are very reasonably priced, the new ones anyways, the old DLCs were underpriced, I bought like a bunch of them to give to my friends as seasons greetings.

-----------------------

So now you are going to gripe about a paid weapons pack???!!!!!!

Firstly the weapons pack isn't made by EA, activision, 2k or THQ, its from the modders of OUR (or maybe just mine) community!!!! Ivan and Jack have been extremely giving to this community with many contributions, not only with their mods I may add.

This is a chance for them to bring their hard work to the forefront and I, as many people also will, would support them by purchasing the DLC.
    Yes, it's so selfish of me to want equal footing with others in a game I've bought, and have continued to support. Thank you for showing me the error of my ways. Tripwire, please up the price to $20 so I can pay even more to be equal to other players.

Upvote 0
    To all of those complaining about paying for the weapon DLC.

I assume that the creators of the weapons themselves want to charge for their work, seeing as how Tripwire did indeed add 3 new weapons to the game this update for free. Doesn't make sense why Tripwire would charge for a weapon DLC and then go ahead and a couple to the game for free in the same update. So if you want them for free, you should appeal to the creators of the weapons.

Upvote 0
    [url]http://www.killingfloorthegame.com/halloween2012/[/URL]

Hillbilly Horror Event

Event Details

Upvote 0
    http://www.killingfloorthegame.com/halloween2012/

Hillbilly Horror Event

Event Details

Other Changes

Bug Fixes

Known Issues

Paying for a weapons DLC?

not a smart idea at all....

Upvote 0