• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Gold Box Released - Female Character Availability

[TW]Wilsonam

VP, Tripwire Int.
Oct 17, 2005
Roswell, GA
www.tripwireinteractive.com
Well, it is 1st June - and the Killing Floor Gold Edition boxes are already on their way to everyone who has ordered them! Should be with you soon in Europe - a little longer in the US as it has to ship here first.

And our thanks to Iceberg for confirming that we can release Ash to everyone else as a special DLC character after 1st August. We'll confirm an actual date/price and so on, nearer the time.

In the meantime, you can get the boxes in stores in Europe, on the Iceberg web store (http://www.iceberg-shop.com/) for deliveries to Europe or our own web store (http://www.tripwireinteractivestore.com/) for deliveries to US/Canada. They're special - go buy a copy!

Well, it is 1st June - and the Killing Floor Gold Edition boxes are already on their way to everyone who has ordered them! Should be with you soon in Europe - a little longer in the US as it has to ship here first.

And our thanks to Iceberg for confirming that we can release Ash to everyone else as a special DLC character after 1st August. We'll confirm an actual date/price and so on, nearer the time.

In the meantime, you can get the boxes in stores in Europe, on the Iceberg web store (http://www.iceberg-shop.com/) for deliveries to Europe or our own web store (http://www.tripwireinteractivestore.com/) for deliveries to US/Canada. They're special - go buy a copy!

Can Gold Box owners have a little kick back that noone else will have ? :D (kinda like you did with the ball :) )

Upvote 0
But aren't the majority of KF players against that kind of deal?

Yes they are, like myself. It doesn't make sense to limit something that everyone wants. The same goes for The Ball character. People who have got the game after The Ball's release, like myself, will never be able to get that character. Which I think isn't a great idea for someone who wants to collect all the characters.

I understand Tripwire will do what they want, as it's their game. But I was hoping they would consider allowing players to get the character just by purchasing The Ball. If players already owned The Ball after it was released, they would automatically get the character. If that happened, I would buy The Ball just for the Killing Floor character alone.

Otherwise maybe Tripwire could create a special version of The Ball, like they did with Red Orchestra 2. Which would unlock the extra character.

Anyway I'm glad there's finally a female character in Killing Floor.

Upvote 0
So uhh, made an account here just to post in this thread. "Ash Harding is an exclusive to the Killing Floor Gold Boxed Edition and will NOT be available any other way.". What happened? So I ordered the gold box for a character I thought was going to be exclusive, only to have that thrown out the window? Don't get me wrong, I love you guys (Tripwire), and have some friends who don't have some of the DLC, and another buddy who has been eyeballing Killing Floor for a while, so I have good use for the stuff I bought, but really? I feel a bit, well, jipped. I'm not against everyone having a female character, but why not make some new female characters and release them as a pack or something? What's so bad about having a couple characters being exclusive? I missed out on that The Ball character, but I didn't whine about it, I just made sure I didn't miss the next exclusive character. Or at least what I thought was going to be an exclusive character... If this were any other company I'd cancel my preorder.

Upvote 0
My friend's been wanting Killing Floor for ages but never had the cash so this seemed like the perfect opportunity to get him it and myself a new character at the same time and I absolutely love it!

One question I do have is what's the name of the voice actress that plays Ash? She sounds familiar but I'm presuming she isn't too well known as I can't find it anywhere. :confused:

Upvote 0
Wilsonam (Alan(?) Wilson), but I'm willing to bet that she isn't the voice actor for Ash.

As Lammah said, it'd probably be someone from Iceberg rather than TWI but it probably is one of the Iceberg employees or their wives :p

It would make sense, as this way players would still be able to acquire him simply by upgrading The Ball.

I'd rather they release actual content for the ball at the same time, rather than just being an upgrade for the character, like a map pack that people who pre-ordered get for free and everybody else has to pay for, but buying it will also get you the character.

Reactions: borsdy
Upvote 0
As Lammah said, it'd probably be someone from Iceberg rather than TWI but it probably is one of the Iceberg employees or their wives :p
God that's funny how most modders when need a female simply as their wifes... mostly when I make sound mods including females it all goes to the fact my gf is lazy, her friends hyped but their english sucks, and in end it's me who has to use pitch shift and do it myself :p

BTW I see Rayman is on this forum, my fave modder from l4dmaps.com :D

Upvote 0