• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Gold Box Released - Female Character Availability

Um, $29 for just a female character is a little steep imo, especially if you already have most of the DLC's. They've made a good decision by deciding to bring it to us as a DLC, and even if most of the proceeds go to iceberg, more people will start playing the game again which could make their friends buy KF (more money for tripzywire).

Upvote 0
Um, $29 for just a female character is a little steep imo, especially if you already have most of the DLC's. They've made a good decision by deciding to bring it to us as a DLC, and even if most of the proceeds go to iceberg, more people will start playing the game again which could make their friends buy KF (more money for tripzywire).

Keep in mind you also get a nice shiny box!

Upvote 0
Then don't buy it. They already said Ash is going up for DLC on roughly august 1st onwards. This is for people who don't exactly own the DLC and may have the game.

Upvote 0
"Ash Harding is an exclusive to the Killing Floor Gold Boxed Edition and will NOT be available any other way.". What happened? So I ordered the gold box for a character I thought was going to be exclusive, only to have that thrown out the window?

I, too, bought the gold edition (already own KF and most DLC packs) because (a) I wanted the female char, which wouldn't be available any other way and (b) KF has given me a lot of entertainment over the years, so I thought it was worth it. Got to say this broken promise is a bit of a backhand.

Upvote 0
I, too, bought the gold edition (already own KF and most DLC packs) because (a) I wanted the female char, which wouldn't be available any other way and (b) KF has given me a lot of entertainment over the years, so I thought it was worth it. Got to say this broken promise is a bit of a backhand.
Mind you, they have only just recently changed the store so it does not state this anymore, two and a half months after they announced it will be out on DLC. It is definitely big slap in the face for those who only recently brought the Gold Edition thinking this was the only way to get it, especially when they haven't announced it anywhere else except the forums.

Upvote 0
Mind you, they have only just recently changed the store so it does not state this anymore, two and a half months after they announced it will be out on DLC. It is definitely big slap in the face for those who only recently brought the Gold Edition thinking this was the only way to get it, especially when they haven't announced it anywhere else except the forums.
Sorry but people shouldn't be paying full price just for a character anyway. Whoever bought it chose to buy it so there should be no complaints towards TWI on this. They didn't make you buy it.

Upvote 0
Sorry but people shouldn't be paying full price just for a character anyway. Whoever bought it chose to buy it so there should be no complaints towards TWI on this. They didn't make you buy it.
Regardless of the price, if it was confirmed to be out on DLC before release (for the small percentage of people that actually use the forums), it shouldn't be labeled as if it's not to the rest of the gaming community, especially 2 and a half months later. No-one forced me to buy it, but i was buying it under the assumption that this was the only way to obtain it due to the information provided by TWI on their store page. Its not like i misinterpreted what was written under their product, it was completely false to begin with, hence the recent update to the store page, not even mentioning the skin anymore, most likely due to it being closer to release of the DLC. It's a matter of TWI trying to make as much money off their product under false statements before the release of the DLC. I can blame TWI for not updating their store page for the rest of the community when the DLC was announced. There are probably a lot of complaints about this, i'm just the only one opening my mouth, just like the rest of people on the forums complained when it wasn't going to be on DLC. If i don't have the right to complain, then neither did anyone else who was annoyed when it was only going to be released on the Gold Edition.

Besides, in reality, your not paying for the female skin with the Gold Edition to begin with, your paying for the game and 5 DLC's. Technically, your already paying an extra $7 more by buying the skin for $5. Your paying more then full price for the skin as DLC. (i'm pretty sure i worked that out correctly).

Anyway, what i am trying to say is that those who bought the Gold Edition recently before the update to the store page are going to be quite disappointed. The only reason i found out it was going to be released as DLC in the first place is because it was written in the Gold Edition manual, because there was no other information on it except the forums, and when something says "will NOT be available any other way" on the TWI store itself, one wouldn't assume it would be out on DLC and look for more information about it because you thought, from the incorrect statements made on the product, there was no need to.

Fair enough that they release it on DLC because people won't buy the Gold Edition, but they could of at least let everyone else know that, that was willing to buy the Gold Edition for the female skin. At the end of the day, its all about making money. I just wouldn't of thought TWI would lie to the consumer on their product in order to do so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Let's get this straight. They did not lie. They originally was keeping it for Gold edition only but due to so many people disagreeing with that move, they got permission to use it as DLC. TWI was doing it for the community, not the money.

Agree. If anyone read forums, they would have clearly have understood that it would be released on DLC in about 2.5 months. For those who see it in the in game list of chracters to choose, it would take you to the site wher eyo ucould buy the Gold Edition. If you read the details, it said that it gives people the bonus of being able to use the character, 2.5 months earlier than anyone else. This should have been a hint that this "2.5 months" thing means that others can get it some other way, without having to buy the gold edition. And finally, if there was ever any questions or doubts, people SHOULD have searched it on forums. I know whenever theres an update or a new release of some sort, I immediatly do a quick web search, and then check the forums.

In the future, people need to do a little more research about things before buying. I honestly thought about buying, because I love the game, I wnated the chracter, I didnt have 3 other DLC's (of course this gold edition didnt include the two most recent additions lol), I had a friend who I wanted to give it to, and just having the box edition of a game that most people bought online, just feels right.

Upvote 0