• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Gold Box - and female character!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still believe the best way out of this is to create the Promotional Characters DLC pack where you have to pay 2 or 3 times the amount of a normal pack (And it never goes on sale OR part of a complete set, you always have to buy it separately), but you pick up all the cross over characters (The Ball, TF2, RO2). And round it out with Ash to make it so that everyone is obtainable. There is the risk that people who bought The Ball would be miffed, but you'd have to be bonkers to buy a game just to get a skin for another game.

So people who buy the Gold Edition don't get shafted, have it so they get the upcoming DLC female skins for free, or some other incentive that doesn't affect gameplay so strikingly. Say their names appear in a gold color rather than the normal red. That wouldn't fracture the fanbase as this currently plan is posed to do.

I'm sure someone can distill my babble into something more practical.

Upvote 0
Update on all this for you... we've been discussing this with Iceberg, who have been discussing with the retailers and so on... we definitely underestimated the demand from the existing player base. Another lesson learned.

We can't square all the details away with retailers over a weekend, obviously, but Iceberg are talking to them about "exclusivity" and we'll try and bottom it out on Monday. Iceberg's view, like ours, was that this was aimed at attracting some new players through retail. But now looks like we'll set it up so existing players CAN get Ash in a couple of months - the retailers will take it out big time on Iceberg if they don't get something exclusive out of it. But Iceberg are good guys - they are willing to let us turn this into future DLC.

In the meantime, the Gold Edition IS still good value for anyone buying the full set, or for anyone who can trade/gift away the spare parts. It will also be the only way to get the first female character and voicepack for a couple of months.

Yoshi or I will update as we dot all the "i"s and cross all the "t"s next week. Just that this, directly or otherwise involves Iceberg, us, printers, distributors AND retailers - all of whom have their expectations. Not to mention Steam.

Did I forget to mention I love you guys? :3

Upvote 0
Update on all this for you... we've been discussing this with Iceberg, who have been discussing with the retailers and so on... we definitely underestimated the demand from the existing player base. Another lesson learned.

We can't square all the details away with retailers over a weekend, obviously, but Iceberg are talking to them about "exclusivity" and we'll try and bottom it out on Monday. Iceberg's view, like ours, was that this was aimed at attracting some new players through retail. But now looks like we'll set it up so existing players CAN get Ash in a couple of months - the retailers will take it out big time on Iceberg if they don't get something exclusive out of it. But Iceberg are good guys - they are willing to let us turn this into future DLC.

In the meantime, the Gold Edition IS still good value for anyone buying the full set, or for anyone who can trade/gift away the spare parts. It will also be the only way to get the first female character and voicepack for a couple of months.

Yoshi or I will update as we dot all the "i"s and cross all the "t"s next week. Just that this, directly or otherwise involves Iceberg, us, printers, distributors AND retailers - all of whom have their expectations. Not to mention Steam.
That is some great news. I can imagen this will stop all moaning completely but like Braindead said, make it exclusive in some challenging way. That is how you guys have done KF so far, keep it that way :)

One last thing TWI, remember us fans will always be here for you no matter what :D

Upvote 0

Great. I am happy to see this result :D

Upvote 0

Since you've shown that you are capable of changing your minds, could you also make the potato achievements a yearly event? I'll love you again. I understand they are fundamentally different things, but I've always disliked 'exclusive' items (from any developer, not just TI). (Granted, I haven't read this entire thread, nor have I been following any news on whether or not there was an update to what I am requesting.)

Upvote 0

I have to say, if this is confirmed I'm going to cancel my pre-order on the gold edition. I did buy it so I had a giftable copy of the game and the missing dlc in bulk, but that alone is not worth the completely bloated price tag. If you're telling me that I won't even get an exclusive skin out of it, there is absolutely 0 reason for someone who already has the game to buy this. Is there any way for me to get a refund on my pre-order?

Upvote 0
Faith in humanity restored!
I'll never doubt you guys again :3

Ofc you should doubt them when they make bad choices, the reason they even made this change is BECAUSE we doubted them! Greed can change people you know? So if you have a concern, you should not be silent about it!

Anyway, glad you guys changed your mind so that the gold edition is not the only way to get the new character.

Upvote 0
@ TWI : Nice!

@ Achievement whores :

Please stop nagging about your online penis length and play on a X-box/Ps3. :) Im also fond of achievements, but KF has enough of these and doesnt need more, nor needs to reactivate old ones that arent relevant to the current build. Hopefully they will REMOVE the redundant achievements next update, just to stop this insistent whining.

Then again...insistent whining is what this community does so damn well... :p

;-)

Upvote 0
Been waiting for this, but what the hell man?

Been waiting for this, but what the hell man?

About time!

Having now read few more posts, I'm glad there's even a small chance of this character becoming DLC in the near future. Otherwise it'd be a big slap to the face for old-time fans.
Seriously, I've been playing KF releases for 7 YEARS, insta-preordered Steam version the moment I heard about it becoming real. Got all my friends, even my current fiancee to play KF, enjoyed hundreds of hours of it together. Had damn good time!
All this time, there was a single plea: female characters to the game.

Now we're getting one, but we have to buy the game again ? Just to get this one character?
Had this happened couple years ago, I might've opened my wallet with little complains. But now EVERYONE on my friends list owns the game, plus majority of the DLC there is. Hell most of us are all L-6'ers.

I understand the marketing strategy behind this, but come on; wouldn't it be just as profitable, if not even more profitable, to also sell the character as a SEPARATED DLC, for a slightly higher fee than the "regular" ones?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

You should read this:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.