• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Gold Box - and female character!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update on all this for you... we've been discussing this with Iceberg, who have been discussing with the retailers and so on... we definitely underestimated the demand from the existing player base. Another lesson learned.

We can't square all the details away with retailers over a weekend, obviously, but Iceberg are talking to them about "exclusivity" and we'll try and bottom it out on Monday. Iceberg's view, like ours, was that this was aimed at attracting some new players through retail. But now looks like we'll set it up so existing players CAN get Ash in a couple of months - the retailers will take it out big time on Iceberg if they don't get something exclusive out of it. But Iceberg are good guys - they are willing to let us turn this into future DLC.

In the meantime, the Gold Edition IS still good value for anyone buying the full set, or for anyone who can trade/gift away the spare parts. It will also be the only way to get the first female character and voicepack for a couple of months.

Yoshi or I will update as we dot all the "i"s and cross all the "t"s next week. Just that this, directly or otherwise involves Iceberg, us, printers, distributors AND retailers - all of whom have their expectations. Not to mention Steam.

I'm impressed with this response. Thank you for proving again that you guys actually listen.

Upvote 0
When new weapons??? XP
If there are actually gonna be new weapons, and the female character is coming soon as well, then I won't be surprised we're gonna see this:
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
This is absolute bs. i bought the game, which i very rarely do because most games suck. i absolutly hate content that becomes impossible to get. like the ro character and the event characters. since i bought the game with all the dlc's. ive been waiting for another dlc to come out so i can give tripwire more money which they deserve. But come on. i cant buy the gold edition on steam, but instead get to bay like 10 times the amount i paid for killing floor in the first place to get one more character. I honestly feel like tripwire has just kicked me in the nuts and stood there laughing at my face while im in the fetus position crying.
now come on seriously. female gamers are the most blazay gamers there are. all my female friends who play kf wouldent buy this.

perhaps tripwire are so stoked they made one million sales they are trying to get 2 million by making all there fans rebuy the game.... not just rebuy it but pay more then the first time they bought it. all this does is just makes me remember why i dont buy games.

like i said earlyer i would be happy paying for a dlc, even for ONE character.

hmmm and if i bought the gold edition who would i give the stuff away to? maby i can give it to my cat and teach that how to play killing floor cause all my mates have it with all the dlcs.

EPIC FAIL. MUCH HATE. FIX IT...

Upvote 0
fail fail fail fail fail

fail fail fail fail fail

Well Slappy's post #28 pretty much said it perfectly.

I've already given away 6 copies of this game & purchased all the DLC.

Steam trade is useless due to the $5 and under sales (which are the reason every KF player has already gifted KF to their friends).

So much fail it hurts.

That said, if and when the gold box goes on sale for ~$2.50 I'll buy it. Until then the gold box can go **** its self.

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0

Steam trade is useless due to the $5 and under sales (which are the reason every KF player has already gifted KF to their friends).

So much fail it hurts.

That said, if and when the gold box goes on sale for ~$2.50 I'll buy it. Until then the gold box can go **** its self.
You obviously didn't read the latest news so stop being a d*** and do the proper thing. Give TWI respect already for their work.

Upvote 0

So much fail it hurts.

Read this, newer update.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=78194

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.