• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Open Beta Program for Killing Floor

Hey

Hey

Ok. Well Tripwire fellas I need your help then. I need a download for the ole Gameserver People. They do not have a clue what I am asking. I normally do this myself however you only normally have to hit the update mod button and add command line.

So if you want me to dedicated my servers I will need the info. Thanks.

Upvote 0
THEDDLE,
GameServers knows how to do this. Trust me.
I don't use them, but I'd bet they use TCAdmin for their clients. Depending upon how they have their data centers and client folders set up, it may not behoove them to have to constantly be updating betas in their data center.

They probably don't allow command line access to the hldusupdate tool so
I can understand their reluctance to load up a single beta game. Chances are the beta will change in a day or two (in this case it was less than a day). and you would be asking them to redo it again.

Tripwire has nothing to do with it. It is strictly a GameServer's decision.

With ftp access though, you can upload the files as you see fit. Just don't call their tech support if the self loaded beta game crashes....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey

Hey

THEDDLE,
GameServers knows how to do this. Trust me.
I don't use them, but I'd bet they use TCAdmin for their clients. Depending upon how they have their data centers and client folders set up, it may not behoove them to have to constantly be updating betas in their data center.

They probably don't allow command line access to the hldusupdate tool so
I can understand their reluctance to load up a single beta game. Chances are the beta will change in a day or two (in this case it was less than a day). and you would be asking them to redo it again.

Tripwire has nothing to do with it. It is strictly a GameServer's decision.

With ftp access though, you can upload the files as you see fit. Just don't call their tech support if the self loaded beta game crashes....

I can understand all that. However why do I get the beta files? I have FTP access. I just dont mess with the actual files that match. I have not messed with internal files since COD 4.

I got a response from one of the lower techs. I think they just gave me a generic answer the first time since they did not understand what I was asking for. They wanted the mod download. Here is my last answer. I usually try to take care of my own issues. I hate messing with support tickets. LOL

Hello THEDDLE,

We apologize for the delay. Our admins with the necessary access level will be taking care of this request as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience. I'm moving this ticket to their queue.

Thank you,
Beau Young
Limp_bizkit*[GS]
http://www.gameservers.com

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey.

Hey.

Found one thing. Not sure if it is related to beta or not. Ok I used the newcolor correction. I am currently learning fog. Oh boy. I have fog in my skybox and Level zoneinfo. I decided to try one more zoneinfo box in the main area to put one more layer of thicker fog in. Well I have areas where things will be lit up nicely by something. You see a zed moving then all of a suden light up real bright. I had one version that had this, one chopper and several spots in grass. Kinda weird. So this is due to something. Most likely my noobness with fog. However I thought I would say something just in case.

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the feedback guys! It looks like things are working pretty well, now.

Special thanks to arramus for testing that variety of maps for us!

KF-DeepThrustV1 (This map is whitelisted and on the TWI competition map server but doesn't allow class selection or apply reward points.)

I have looked into this further with Snipe34(the map's creator) and it turns out that he has code that's embedded into the map, which is causing it to trigger our anti-cheat Mutator White List system. We will be correcting this issue in the future, but for now the map will have to be removed from the White List.

Upvote 0
I gotta give the entire TWI team credit here: Your beta was fast, to the point, actively participated in, and rolled out live in less than 2 weeks!

That's much, MUCH better than most Betas I see, where the dev team just sits around and waits for the bug reports from the testers. You seriously did a great job that puts many larger companies to shame!

Upvote 0
hey

hey

I have had one question that has not gotten answered in other threads yet. With the patch, did it affect breakable collision during trader times. Before the patch I never saw this issue. I have things that blow up. During regular game play they are fine. In between waves you can walk through them and stay there until the wave starts.

For example, a chopper, that I have in my map, goes to non collision and you stand in the middle of it. When the wave starts you are still inside and collision is on. You jump up and your inside. I think from there you can jump up on top. Now this is not any benefit since it is a breakable. Zeds come along and destroy it and you are in the middle of a feast. It is just annoying and bothersome to me personally. Someone recommended trying to set the bWorldGeometry flag on these breakables. I will give this a go.

I guess I just want to know if the patch changed this or I just never noticed it before. It would be nice to know how insane I am and if I should take more medication or less.:eek:

I hope that I helped some in the patch. I am glad you whipped it out so quickly. The new white list is a lot better then before. Keep up the good work.

Upvote 0