• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sound Community Music Pack

Dafe

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls!!!!

Do you have a Custom Song you wish you could hear during your KF experience without all the trouble of loading multiple files, or minimizing your game?

The Dawn of the Community Music Pack for Killing Floor is Upon us. I have recently experimented with changing up music for KF and found it easy, and simple for everyone else to do (I will have a readme). The current count of Music in the KF folder is 59, which I have not fully examined to see if we can cut a few corners (I mean come on, 59 tracks is a lot to come up with). I'd imagine the community would need at least 20 or more Custom Tracks to be enough music to not be redundant in gameplay. I will be willing to master your track (make it loud and clear enough to match gameplay) as well as give props in the credits.

This is a big deal because the original KF Music gives such drive to the gameplay. To say that the Music should be replaced is ridiculous. To have a Community Music Pack should be flattery to TWI because of the great influence it has made on us producers. I've been hearing some cool things come out in the last few years and I hope to see those people step up.

You can send your Completed Track to me at [email protected]

In the process of collecting tracks, I may even request certain types of music for certain levels since some tracks are embedded into their own level (moonbase, abusement park, ect) and may need something more fitting. Whether you are dusting off old tracks, or creating new ones, I'd love to hear them and put them together for this one of a kind Music Mod!

A little bit of info about my history with games and music. You can find my work all over the internet. Custom Tracks from Call Of Duty World At War, Left 4 Dead 2, and of course Killing Floor.

CODW@W - A mod was created called "COD RISING" which was a massive zombies mode that ran on the Multiplayer executable. Up to 16 players and non stop, extremely difficult zombie action. I was to create game music for this mod which I did; 3 tracks.

Left4Dead2 - I really wanted to change the characters voices. Whenever I finally understood how much work this would take, I really had to teeter because I had a lot of work ahead of me. Over 25,000 changed sound clips later, and about 3 weeks, I had the L4D2 Voice Pack. L4D2 Voice Pack - YouTube

Sudoku Golf - ZCT asked of me for some music, they liked some of it, and then they put it in their app.

Killing Floor - The 3 track pack I came out with some time ago. It should be very easy to find.

Just letting everyone interested know that I'm serious about this and I am willing to get your custom track in this collection!

Last edited:
UPDATE (6-6-13)

For anybody checking back, I just wanted to update you guys on what I've done so far.

I have the full KF soundtrack and every corresponding filename to match. I also organized "Battle Music" from "Trader Music" as well as the "Pat Music" and "Menu Music". Finally, I organized each level that has it's own soundtrack (Ice Cave, Hill Billy Horror, Hell Ride, Evil Santa's Lair, Moon Base, and Abusement Park) into their own designated spots so they get their proper custom work.

My fingers have not been this busy since I tried a 102 hit combo on KI2!

I'm about to check my e-mail, and hope I have some peeps interested. Just send me everything corresponding to custom KF Music.

I will have testing in the near future, once we have some kind of organized soundtrack. I will do the song selecting for each level, but I will be open to constructive criticism pertaining to the track list before the FINAL release is set.

Any questions, or music, send it to [email protected]

UPDATE (6-6-13)

I worked on my first level "Abusement Park" today and used some ICP, TWIZTID, Dark Lotus, and some Blaze Ya Dead Homie as examples for each track. I started out just doing each level's set design of tracks specified in the Music folder, but found out that the tracks in "Hell Ride" are shared with "Abusement Park". After figuring that out, I set the Menu, Battle, Trader and Patriarch Music to the artists listed above. As soon as this storm passes, I'd like to record a video of gameplay.

UPDATE (6-10-13)

Did a little more testing over the weekend, and fixed the last trader music file which was "Mutagen" and now everything is fluid. I did record a video or 2, and tried using windows movie maker and even though I had a finished product, it did not save correctly at all (I'm not a video guy, just sound lol). Anyways, I'll post a simple clip this evening. Since there is copyright music inside this mod, I won't upload it for download, but instead if you would like a copy of the "Psychopathic Music Mod" for Abusement Park (and maybe Hell Ride, I will do further research this evening) just send me an email requesting the "Psychopathic Music Mod".

UPDATE (6-21-13)

Still have not had any takers on this mod. IDK, maybe I should give it some time lol. Anyways, I'll upload the Psychopathic Music for Abusement Park, and Hell Ride sometime this weekend. It may get taken down, it may not, but I will upload it soon. The video editing was crap, so I X'ed that out for now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0