• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sound Playing Multiple Gunshots

FluffCo

Oct 30, 2012
UK
Hey Chaps

Have collected some fire sounds for a new weapon and have added them to the script.

I wanted to know A) Does KF automatically play random fire sounds just based on the forename (SG_Fire) and then just pick a random number, or some other way?

B) Am currently having an issue compiling because it dosent recognise my call to the sound in the script, this might just be UDK playing up though.

FireSound=Sound'JS_Sten_S.StenFire'
StereoFireSoundRef="JS_Sten_S.StenFire"

Cheers! :)

Sounds are placed in a group.
When the group is called it will play a random(?) sound from that group. Good way of adding some variance.

FireSoundRef is looking for SoundGroups not individual sounds.
FireSound will except either Sound or SoundGroups.

(Fairly certain that's right, I'd have to check to 100% sure.)

Notifies in the animation files can point to either.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
You're a boss Gartley! It couldn't locate the sounds because they werent in groups, so thanks for that!

Edit: Trying to tweak the volume up, read somewhere on here about using the script, is that the "transientSoundVolume" value that i need to be tweeking?

Some use TransientSoundVolume, some just specify when the PlaySound part is called in the function, have a look through the code to see what your specific case uses.

Upvote 0