• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sound sdk and sound channels

-MGS- Sniper

Grizzled Veteran
May 22, 2011
Hi i am creating a nightclub map and have put wav files in on triggers that contantly play (not to everyones liking) but its a private map.

the problem i have is when it hits the 32 channel limit it stops the music to start the next sound. so when there are a few zeds etc.. they music jumps / restarts etc..

I would like to keep it on a trigger and not looking to put as an ogg file.

Is there a way to tell teh trigger or the game NOT to stop that sound and leave it running?

Cheers in advance for the help!

Hmm. As I understand it that is a limitation of engine, in fact iirc most game engines can only support a limited amount of simultaneous audio streams.

Even dedicated audio software starts to struggle after a certain amount and that's only got to handle audio steams.

My advice to you would be to make the map music .ogg and include it in the map download. Of course anyone that joins a server won't get the music but that's just the way it is.

Upvote 0
Orly? Then:

So, as you can see, I was right :confused:

Not entirely lol

I got all the music which downloads with the map included in the rom file ;) but yes would stop the problem but then even doing that way would not fit what im trying to do :p

Just not sure what setting will stop the engine stopping the sound playing.

Meaning if i had 3 songs playing and the channels filled up instead of stopping the music when it reaches it , it will stop the next inline.

Just need to find that value which tells the engine to not stop the trigger/sound mmmmmm:rolleyes:

Upvote 0