• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sound Importing sounds into KF

is there a file size limit? because after i started importing sounds, there was one i couldn't get to work. it showed up in the sounds list i made, and it played, but any time i clicked use in an ambient sound proprty, it wouldn't show up.
p.s. the reason the file is large is because its actually a song. i dont have the proper program to save the song asd a certain file that the music section uses. all the programs are incompatible witnh my computer.

Upvote 0
I've been trying to import sounds for a while and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work. Today I finally got it working.

I'm using vista x64 and had my sound files in a kf directory. Sounds perfectly fine doesn't it, but no its not because the location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\Soundsedit

There's a space in program files and there's also the ().

So I tried just making a directory in c:\ and it imported no problem.

Just thought I would share this with everyone just in case someone is also having the same issues.

Upvote 0
Hello, I have problems with the volume of files. Uax I import the KF.

Mono 18 Bit 22GHz.
Stereo. 18 bits 22GHz.

Still low volume listening. Does not work

That way you have to compress the files. Wav or what type of import I have to do, so that the volume increases?

Thanks and Regards

Lmao, I think you mean KHz, not GHz. If only audio could be sampled at that rate.

Also I'd recommend the bit depth be no more than 16.

As for the amplitude being low I'm actually looking into that problem myself atm. I will let you know if I get any results.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I knew, but i already convert it in .ogg, you think i am that stupid?

I just need to know how to make it play in game.

Replace a track name with your desired song from NoiseR.
E.g take out DirgeDefective1 (completely) and replaced the OGG file with your NoiseR file but call it 'DirgeDefective1'. It should now play that song instead. I can't say I truly endorse replacing the music, but it does get repetitive after a while, much as I love it.

EDIT: Didn't release how far on the thread went from that initial post. My bad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I forgot I even posted in this thread. I'm still having the low volume on import issue.

And I want to cry seeing as my only answer is compression. Will we ever have dynamics back in audio in music and game =(

Try upping the Transientsound Volume and radius in the default properties. I recall it helping with the low volume issue IIRC

Upvote 0