• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sound In-game music

I really like the (mostly) instrumental music in the game. Is it by a particular band? If so I'd buy their cd ;)

Open up the .ogg's in Winamp (or whatever).

According to Winamp, the more ambient ones are tagged as by "zYnthetic"..
the very heavy/death metal ones are not tagged, but all start with 'Dirge'..

Upvote 0
You're correct, the mod soundtrack is out of print. The info here about contributing artists isn't though. By filename:
Dirge* -> Dirge
KF* -> zYnthetic

Granted this is just the music that shipped with the game. It's possible you may have gotten a custom map w/ custom music by another artist.

Oh ok yes. I have the default map with default music and I like all of it. I love that a game finally had the courage to release a game with heavy rock / metal.

Upvote 0
dirge tracks sound like there ware first compressed by a ****ty mp3 encoder at 128kbits(or less) and later ogg q4

It should be updated imo :p. I like those tracks but they sound ****ty and choruslike cause of this encoding. Could someone at tripwire encode those from original wav tracks not from ****ty mp3's ? I would like to see them updated in next patch ^^.

Upvote 0
My fav zYnthetic calm wave song is KF_TheStitches, and combat song is KF_ChainsawChaos (I think that one was by David Leung Haslam) even though nobody uses that amazing song NEmore, however it was used in the mod on Westlondon, and my fav dirge song is DirgeDisunion1. Actually u no wat I noticed, all songs from KF by David Haslam are never used in the retail game, only the mod!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0