• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-TheTestmap-2

OK I have a problem.

Lately, (by which I mean the past day) whenever I start a server with this map and come back a few hours later, I find out that the CMD/the server has closed itself.

1. Why is that happening suddenly??

2. Could you tell me what exactly I should have written in the start-server.bat so that this map functions as smoothly as possible?

Currently, I have it like this:

ucc server KF-TheTestmap.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?AdminName=Admin?AdminPassword=123

EDIT: a 3rd question I forgot to ask until now: why can't you vote-change to another map when this map is in play?

Upvote 0
@TheMutant
Anytime you want to update your TheTestMap using this idea?

A separate room/area for fighting the Pat, without disturbing anyone would be also nice.
*Fixed some grammar for you*

I suggest you to create a door, that leads downstairs to the basement, where the Patriarch Training area is designated. Best should be the door is a metal-hydraulic sliding door with a warning sign, which slides along the door (Biolabs doors). On the sign you can recognize, that this is the Patriarch's lair and you should proceed with caution. Personally I would love to see a sign saying this right here :D (just for the lolz please) (Sign signed by: Sincerely Kevin Clamely)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Update: 19.06.2015

Update: 19.06.2015

It has been a long time but finally I am proud to release the last version of TheTestmap (possible bugs might still be fixed).
Furthermore, I renamed the map to avoid version mismatches (former KF-TheThestmap).

Over the time I have added a lot of new features:

• Kiting arena
  • Boss arena
  • Display crosshair
  • All event monsters can be spawned
  • Display all hitboxes
  • Updated removal commands to be less interfering
  • Lanes can be closed now and monsters cannot go across rooms anymore
  • Extended teleport command (every area can now be teleported to)
  • Added difficulty voting option in GUI tab
  • Fixed that monsters focus players behind
  • Fixed that grenades distract monsters in other lanes
  • Fixed all bugs regarding map change (progression stays disabled, gametype does not change)
  • Fixed that sometimes the map does not set up correctly
  • Fixed that dummy bots cannot be added in rare cases
  • Fixed bug where wrong head health was displayed in damage entries
  • Added timestamp to damage entries (only in GUI tab)
  • Introduced version counter
  • Optimized code
I hope you are going to have a blast with it!

Edit:
When hosting TheTestmap-2 in listen mode, clients connected to server will disconnect on map change.
This is needed to enable perk progression on listen servers after KF-TheTestmap-2.
This does not apply to dedicated servers!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the kind words, I am glad you like it that much! :)

I had really hard battles with some bugs, that's why I had to delay the release so much, otherwise it would have been released about two months ago.
The main focus of this update is of course new features, but also to make the map more enjoyable in public play.

One thing I should mention about the GUI difficulty voting:
The difficulty resets to the previous value after map change.

Upvote 0
Virus/Spyware?!

Virus/Spyware?!

Well this is new...check the attachment for screenshot. Downloaded it a couple of more times just to be sure but still same result...

Is it me or...? Because Firefox thinks your download has a virus/spyware in it...? Should I unblock the file...........?:confused:

Attachments

• !!!.png
    !!!.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
VisrusTotal says yes.

a>
Huh.....just downloaded it again but this time Firefox doesn't say anything...that's um, interesting...weird.....must have been the surf-by virus/malware that it must have picked up and whilst I was downloading the file the surf-by(like a drive-by IRL but on the web if you know what I mean) virus/malware must have got into it and when it finished downloading, Firefox flagged as unsafe. Or it could have just been a glitch in the browser...

EDIT:
Is there a way to have this map still functioning correctly when changing the filename? Because I tagged it with [Greylisted] and some of the functions such as spawning zeds and picking perks are not working....anyone know how to fix this or I can't change the filename without these things breaking...?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry for the late reply.

Huh.....just downloaded it again but this time Firefox doesn't say anything...that's um, interesting...weird.....must have been the surf-by virus/malware that it must have picked up and whilst I was downloading the file the surf-by(like a drive-by IRL but on the web if you know what I mean) virus/malware must have got into it and when it finished downloading, Firefox flagged as unsafe. Or it could have just been a glitch in the browser...
Strange thing, my account there is currently add-free for a short period. But I have had numerous problems with the hoster so far and I think it's time to find a better one.

EDIT:
Is there a way to have this map still functioning correctly when changing the filename? Because I tagged it with [Greylisted] and some of the functions such as spawning zeds and picking perks are not working....anyone know how to fix this or I can't change the filename without these things breaking...?
Sadly, there is no way to rename the map. I didn't want the map to be edited in order to avoid various versions available confusing people (as you can see with other testmaps).
I am not sure if that decision was right back then, but I won't change it anymore, unless needed.

But the map spawns a startup screen which tells players that they can't earn any progress while playing.

Upvote 0
Sorry for the late reply.
That's cool, as long as someone replies with answers! :)

Strange thing, my account there is currently add-free for a short period. But I have had numerous problems with the hoster so far and I think it's time to find a better one.
Heh, so you've had problems with it in the past? I heard some people use Dropbox, though the free account gives you only 2GB of space(I have one too so I know).....I suppose you can try Google drive(No comment on this as I don't think I've used it before) or ....OneDrive(I have this but I barely use it....)? There was one where you could get up to 150GB free data cloud storage.....can't remember what that one was.....maybe they've changed(so it's much less now) or shutdown the service now because they couldn't afford to keep it open or something....:(

Sadly, there is no way to rename the map. I didn't want the map to be edited in order to avoid various versions available confusing people (as you can see with other testmaps).
I am not sure if that decision was right back then, but I won't change it anymore, unless needed.
But I wanted to warn them *before* (not after they're in it and then realize oh crap I just voted for it but this startup screen says perk and achievos progression are disabled...hahaha) they actually vote for the map, presumably on the basis that they can grind their lvls or something. Hence the [Greylisted] tag right in front of the map name....

But the map spawns a startup screen which tells players that they can't earn any progress while playing.
Yes, but I still wanted to warn and tag as such, or else it wouldn't be consistent with other maps that are also Greylisted.... Perhaps they might think this version of testmap is Whitelisted, until they get in and get met with that startup screen you've described.

Can you at least make an exception to this....or not....?:D Maybe PM me this edited version? It's just a tag to let people know it's not Whitelisted, therefore no perk progression or achievos and it is also consistent with any other maps I have on the server that disable perk progression and or achievos as well.

Otherwise I'll have to leave it out or remove these tags altogether (But then players wouldn't know which is Whitelisted and which isn't...and I know some are Achievo hunters or want perk progression rather) so it doesn't look like the server is lying about it(because up in my vote menu option(s), I have "Whitelisted, unless specified on map" so that means unless specified on the map, assume all maps are Whitelisted(and yes I test each map for perk progression (I can't really test for achievos as I pretty much have it all but I would assume if perk progression is enabled, so would achievo progression too) and tag(or no tag if I can lvl up) them(and while I'm at it, testing to see if the map is broken or not...) as such before putting them onto my dedicated server - and since I can't rename the map without it being broken and leave it as is, that would incorrect as the map is *not* Whitelisted) because it would just be out of place...you know what I mean...?

I suppose a third option would be to make another vote option, but have that option only include Greylisted maps and or modes. Unfortunately, if you've read another thread I've replied too, I don't think I'll be able to make anymore vote options due to over character limit.....:(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
[...]
Heh, so you've had problems with it in the past? I heard some people use Dropbox, though the free account gives you only 2GB of space(I have one too so I know).....I suppose you can try Google drive(No comment on this as I don't think I've used it before) or ....OneDrive(I have this but I barely use it....)? There was one where you could get up to 150GB free data cloud storage.....can't remember what that one was.....maybe they've changed(so it's much less now) or shutdown the service now because they couldn't afford to keep it open or something....:(
I have chosen Mega.nz. 50GB free storage without any annoying ads and end-to-end encryption as side-feature for private files.

[...]
But I wanted to warn them *before* (not after they're in it and then realize oh crap I just voted for it but this startup screen says perk and achievos progression are disabled...hahaha) they actually vote for the map, presumably on the basis that they can grind their lvls or something. Hence the [Greylisted] tag right in front of the map name....
Post the whole map name you want to use, and I'll see what I can do.

Upvote 0
I have chosen Mega.nz. 50GB free storage without any annoying ads and end-to-end encryption as side-feature for private files.
Oh nice, I should get one on there too!

Post the whole map name you want to use, and I'll see what I can do.

KF-[Greylisted]TheTestmap.rom => for the first one
KF-[Greylisted]TheTestmap-2.rom => for the second one

I don't know, thought I might add in the first one along with the second one as well so they know what the previous version of the same map looked like...:)

The only change is the added [Greylisted] tag right in front of the map name and after the KF- prefix.

Should show me how to lock the map file too so when I go to make a map(yes, I'll eventually make a map(will also make one for KF2 if I manage to find time for that as well...) if I find the time to learn how the Editor works), so only I can edit the file and no one else....:D

Cheers.

Upvote 0
[...]
KF-[Greylisted]TheTestmap.rom => for the first one
KF-[Greylisted]TheTestmap-2.rom => for the second one
[...]
I don't support the first one anymore as I don't have the code for it due to it having been updated. I highly recommend to just use the 2nd iteration, as it offers everything the first had and even more, plus bug fixes.
I will send you a PM once I am done.

Upvote 0
I don't support the first one anymore as I don't have the code for it due to it having been updated. I highly recommend to just use the 2nd iteration, as it offers everything the first had and even more, plus bug fixes.
I will send you a PM once I am done.
Oh oh right then, I won't include the first in my server and only have the updated version.

There were bugs in the first one? I never noticed....

Cool it works now, thanks!

Upvote 0