• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KFO-Haunted-Hotel

RoBoT

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Syria
This is my first objective map I made, It's an inspiration map of an indie game named "Damned".

Features:
- The map has random generated keys, and different doors you unlock every round.
- A Visibility Bar on the middle of your HUD is effected by the lights, to let you know if your visible to the Monster or not.
- The Monster, who's wandering around the hotel, is invincible.
- He Could hear your steps when your close to him and sees you when your visible under the light, also he can go through the doors.
- The Idea of this map is more like Hide&Seek than just Killing&Wiping out everything you see, so if the Monster finds you, you better run like hell.

Downloads:

Moddb
Gamefront
Mediafire
Steam

-=Video=-
Killing Floor: Haunted Hotel Trailer - YouTube

-=Screenshots=-

637x358.resizedimage

637x358.resizedimage

637x358.resizedimage

637x358.resizedimage

637x358.resizedimage

Thanks to Marco for making the monster, also to everyone else who supported me!

Last edited:
Great map! Was lurking around there with friends, kinda fun xD
1. Only one thing makes us "mad" a lil bit... That's when Big Boy comes to someone who is totally hidden and being rage :eek:.. So, if Monstah look on you even if you are totally hidden (empty bar) then he being rage and with sarcastic smile he just say: Hello!
2. His rage mechanism... just bwahahaha, one time I was waiting for about 30 seconds before he stop trolling me and finally hit.
3. He doesn't go away (only sometimes) when hear shots, well, prob, that's because it was too far away from him.
4. About keys ;o. Do names of keys ( metal, rusty, whatever..) are used to help players? I mean, metal keys for one kind of doors, rusty for another? Is it Korean Random or what?
I would prob type somethings more, but didn't win the map yet ;p (I might...but it's kinda less fun when you just sit in the corner and wait when spectators tell you what to do)
And yeah, awsum idea, amazing Big Boy and great map :D // waiting for uptade of AI.
P.S: Can you make a "tutorial" of this visible bar, I mean some pics...when you are kinda invisible or visible...cause it would help in that way if mah 1st point is a bug and will be fixed. And yeah, it seems you can escape this guy when he is mad..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great map! Was lurking around there with friends, kinda fun xD
1. Only one thing makes us "mad" a lil bit... That's when Big Boy comes to someone who is totally hidden and being rage :eek:.. So, if Monstah look on you even if you are totally hidden (empty bar) then he being rage and with sarcastic smile he just say: Hello!

He probably heard you, or you were on his path.

2. His rage mechanism... just bwahahaha, one time I was waiting for about 30 seconds before he stop trolling me and finally hit.

Thats a chance to run away, unless if your stuck :p

3. He doesn't go away (only sometimes) when hear shots, well, prob, that's because it was too far away from him.

Give it awhile till to be sure you're not hearing his footsteps.

4. About keys ;o. Do names of keys ( metal, rusty, whatever..) are used to help players? I mean, metal keys for one kind of doors, rusty for another? Is it Korean Random or what?

You were suppose to try the key on all doors to know which one would open, It makes people to explore more.

I would prob type somethings more, but didn't win the map yet ;p (I might...but it's kinda less fun when you just sit in the corner and wait when spectators tell you what to do)
And yeah, awsum idea, amazing Big Boy and great map :D // waiting for uptade of AI.

Well you could agree with your friends not helping each other when they're spectating, it's not my call :D

P.S: Can you make a "tutorial" of this visible bar, I mean some pics...when you are kinda invisible or visible...cause it would help in that way if mah 1st point is a bug and will be fixed. And yeah, it seems you can escape this guy when he is mad..

Nah, the monster can also hear your movement, turning on/off flashlight and shooting ofcourse. It's not about the visibility bar only.

Upvote 0
He probably heard you, or you were on his path.
Yeah? Then I know why his path is to smash a corner (in which I sit indeed ^^) by his head: L-o-b-o-t-o-m-y! That's OK, he's just terribly lonely and he just want to hug wall or me..whatever.
Well you could agree with your friends not helping each other when they're spectating, it's not my call
It takes tonz of time to find the key sometimes :b, we would be almost forced to go re- .
Somethings-else-from-my-youtube-comment:
No-no-no, bla-bla-bla, no one had Axe :b Ah... smthn' else about this game.. I am not sure but probably someone opened Game Room w/o key o.o or it was opened...Idk, I am not sure.
Back to keys: 1 key in 1 room only? // thx for answer.
Somethings-else-from-mine-another-youtube-comment:
And, yeah, forgot to add: We finished the map that time...-> we found Axe somewhere else...

Just haven't noticed that you answered me here :b
P.S money vault key? It ain't used, right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just tried this map and must say - "Great job, guys!". You brought something completely new in this game. Reminded me Amnesia. Dark and scary. Plus a lonely Monster wanting to give you a hug.

The only thing I don't like is that the spectators are able to see the map bright. Why are you using black overlay instead of just making a dark map?

Upvote 0
Just tried this map and must say - "Great job, guys!". You brought something completely new in this game. Reminded me Amnesia. Dark and scary. Plus a lonely Monster wanting to give you a hug.

The only thing I don't like is that the spectators are able to see the map bright. Why are you using black overlay instead of just making a dark map?

I'm not using black overlay (only dark edges on the screen), and the map is actually dark. But we added a feature for the spectators to see the map with light so they won't miss the action happening in the dark map. :D

Upvote 0