• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-Forest (and KF-ForestNight)

Murphy

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
liandri.darkbb.com
KF-Forest

Screenshots:
Spoiler!

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?x4uz8z2xj88esgm
(archive includes both day and night version)

Changelog:
Server Crash on Map-Change should now be fixed!

• Removed emitters. No more water splashes and smoke from the cabin chimney but the map shouldn't crash servers anymore
  • smoother spawning ZEDs

The Workshop is being updated. If you subscribed to the map there you should get the update automatically.

If you downloaded the map manually (e.g. to install it on your server) please download the newest version from the link above.

Old Changelog:
  • new trader in the cave to get players to use that part of the map more
  • water doesn't cut off legs anymore
  • easter-egg sign and sneezing closet should work online
Plus a fix for a place where players could leave the map (thanks Baz135)! Please download the map again!

The workshop version is updated already. If you have it from there everything should be taken care of. :)

Credits:

• most textures are made from textures from cgtextures.com
  • the skies are made from samples from cgskies.com
  • the big rock (in myLevel.LATTEH) was modeled by LATTEH
  • some textures are from Hourences' texture packs

Last edited:
That hasn't changed. TWI are aware of this and I think we know what's causing it and how it can be fixed (at least a mod team for UT2004 ran into the same issue and fixed it that way) but I guess actually fixing it is another story. Maybe too much work testing and making sure it doesn't break something else and simply not deemed worth it? I don't know.
I made Xienen aware of it before he left, and months later I had a conversation about it with Yoshi and handed him what we found - but that's months ago too now. *shrug*

I'm sorry.

Upvote 0
That hasn't changed. TWI are aware of this and I think we know what's causing it and how it can be fixed (at least a mod team for UT2004 ran into the same issue and fixed it that way) but I guess actually fixing it is another story. Maybe too much work testing and making sure it doesn't break something else and simply not deemed worth it? I don't know.
I made Xienen aware of it before he left, and months later I had a conversation about it with Yoshi and handed him what we found - but that's months ago too now. *shrug*

I'm sorry.
So this is one of the few maps that's been crashing mein servers...

Meh, they never get around to that stuff, instead, bend to public nagging in the General Discussion. I freaking like Forest, both versions. I'm keeping them :D

Upvote 0
Hey, really like your map, it's a lot of fun. Noticed a couple of problems when I was playing on it today. One of them isn't really too big of a deal, it's just a bit annoying, the other one is rather significant though.

Anywho, let's start with the first.

There seems to be a lighting issue in the caves, even in the areas that are lit up enemies and the players weapon will appear completely black

Spoiler!

The second, larger issue, is that you seemed to have missed a small section of wall right near the trader in the cave, and so one can walk out of the map from there

Spoiler!

Have a bunch more screenshots of that here:
http://imgur.com/a/tJCet[url]http://imgur.com/a/tJCet[/URL]

Hope you can fix these issues.

Upvote 0
Thanks, man! I'll fix it asap. Expect a new version by tomorrow morning.:)
EDIT:
Updated the regular version and the night version! If anyone downloaded the map manually, please download it again!

If you subscribed to KF-Forest on the workshop you're going to get the updated version automatically.

KF-ForestNight will be added to the workshop (as its own entry, because of the 100MB limit) as soon as TWI fixes the upload process.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey,
cool map. :)
Played it a couple of times and realized a bug though, sometimes a zed gets stuck in the bushes near the trader on the hill. Then its somehow stuck under the map?? I realized it by the sound it makes and when you are commando you can see the health bar... Throwing a grenade near to him will get it out, but its really annoying and if you don't know it and don't play Commando then you're ****ed...
I'm not sure if I played the newest version though... Can you tell me if you have ever realized something like this or maybe even fixed it?

Upvote 0
It sometimes took a little wiggling and some lone ZEDs would come a little late to the party but I haven't had one outright stuck in a while. Nothing that blocks them, paths leading out. No reason why they should get stuck. In a really old version they sometimes fell through the map due to the way they are spawned but thanks to a killzone down there that shouldn't disrupt gameplay anymore.

If this is a one time thing I'm not going to bother but if it happens often I'll have to take a look. How often does it happen for you?

Upvote 0