• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-SawnOfTheDead

chewmyheadoff

Grizzled Veteran
May 21, 2009
UK
bunnyhead.tk
No, I didn't spell it wrong, the name has been changed to "Sawn Of The Dead" due to copyright issues. Anyway, the map is the same but better than beta.

After a very hectic last minute upload to enter the contest, leaving my hands trembling, the final release is now here. Thanks to everyone who BETA tested it for me.

KF-SawnOfTheDead1-2 NEW
Download link - 4shared.com
Mirror - moddb.com
Date: 27/10/2009
Size: 8.597mb

The new version contains 1 new secret (totalling 3), please DONT post anything on the big secret, or tell anyone about it, otherwise it will ruin the fun of it. So lure any unexpected players in ;).

Screenies

shaun007.jpg

shaun004.jpg

shaun005.jpg

shaun006.jpg

shaun008.jpg

shaun009.jpg

shaun010.jpg

Last edited:
I saw a few things while running through this new version.

1. It seems I can walk into several of the zombie spawns:

2. There's a light corona at one end of the sewers that doesn't appear to have a source, so I assume it's not supposed to be there:

3. There's an untextured cube inside one of the fenced areas. You can't really see it as a player on the ground, but I'm assuming you shouldn't be able to see it at all.

4. There's a ladder in one part of the sewers. It threw me off at first since it's non-solid, so you can't interact with it at all. I would suggest removing it so as not to confuse players.

5. I found the new secret and its quite funny to see. However, I don't mean to spoil the fun behind it, but that whole area is a prime camping spot. If you stay in the secret room, all specimens have to walk through a narrow corridor and then funnel in through one door that can actually be welded. Yes, this room could also prove to be a death trap, but designing a room with only one entrance is just asking for trouble. Even worse, a single support could simply sit inside the room and weld the door to infinity. This is an oddity considering every other spot in the map feels very balanced.

Upvote 0
1. The blocking volume used to only block off players is so buggy, it sometimes and sometimes doesn't, thanks for pointing that out.

2. That light is supposed to be there, in case they never find the room, it's a slight hint.

3.Yea that cube was taken fom the official maps, it contains the message door is locked, forgot to hide it properly.

4. That ladder iv been meaning to get rid of but thought it would just be a prop, after you learn it doesn't work, you can kinda know I won't work.

5. I never had time to test the small room to see if it would balance, but yea that's easily fixed, I'll just add a spawn point inside if you close the door. And maybe another way in.

Upvote 0
The movie spells it 'shaun' so you could make it the more common spelling (at least outside of UK) 'sean' instead of 'sawn'.

I was gonna name it shawn of the dead actually, but then I thought that would be a bit, dull. Not really an imaginative name change, then I thought sawn of the dead actually has a meaning, like my leg was "sawn" off by a chainsaw, as well as sounding like a homage to the movie and not a desperate name change to not cause copyright infringment.

Upvote 0
I was gonna name it shawn of the dead actually, but then I thought that would be a bit, dull. Not really an imaginative name change, then I thought sawn of the dead actually has a meaning, like my leg was "sawn" off by a chainsaw, as well as sounding like a homage to the movie and not a desperate name change to not cause copyright infringment.

personally, if i were you, i wouldve chosen a catch phrase from the movie and simplified it. such as, "you have red on you", KF-RedOnYou etc.

Upvote 0
personally, if i were you, i wouldve chosen a catch phrase from the movie and simplified it. such as, "you have red on you", KF-RedOnYou etc.

Tried that didn't go too well. I don't know if you are aware that my very first release was called KF-DogsCantLookUp but it was very confusing for people who'd never seen the movie before. Everyone must have heard of the film shaun of the dead, but not all have seen it, and I wanted to drag those non watches into my map as well.

Upvote 0
Tried that didn't go too well. I don't know if you are aware that my very first release was called KF-DogsCantLookUp but it was very confusing for people who'd never seen the movie before. Everyone must have heard of the film shaun of the dead, but not all have seen it, and I wanted to drag those non watches into my map as well.

that makes sense. so it does look like youve thought this thru :D good looking map man.

Upvote 0