• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Forest

Murphy

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
liandri.darkbb.com
KF-Forest

Screenshots:
Spoiler!

Download:
B1 downloads:
[scrapped]
B2 downloads:
[scrapped]

Get the Final here

Changelog:
B2 changes:
  • specimens sometimes fell through the map and halted gameplay. They should now be taken care of.
  • stone stairs look better now, imo
  • ambient-sounds are louder now

Credits:
  • most textures are made from textures from cgtextures.com
  • the skies are made from samples from cgskies.com
  • the big rock (in myLevel.LATTEH) was modeled by LATTEH
  • some textures are from Hourences' texture packs

Last edited:
damit, Im at work now :(

Ill give this a DL later on tonight

EDIT: Wow, it is amazing. So much to explore, so much attention to details. The ambient sounds were relaxing, and I liked the minor things here and there (Like, the panties hanging from the tree, and that sign with the hearts effect) I would say, maybe add a railing thing near the insides of the cave from where those stalagmites are at, just so it looks like a tourest place, or heck, add a enterance sign that looks like a sign from a national park. The replayablilty is definitly there. Very nice work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@gaiver: Thanks. :)
@Left 4 Dinner: I need to do another version because of some collision stuff. I'll see about including signs in that. I like the idea.

(btw. two bras, a lumberjack shirt that isn't the trader's because she's still wearing hers, two female boots that aren't hers either, and panties under the trader's bed... the other girl is hiding in the closet. Sneezes from time to time, lol.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@gaiver: Thanks. :)
@Left 4 Dinner: I need to do another version because of some collision stuff. I'll see about including signs in that. I like the idea.

(btw. two bras, a lumberjack shirt that isn't the trader's because she's still wearing hers, two female boots that aren't hers either, and panties under the trader's bed... the other girl is hiding in the closet. Sneezes from time to time, lol.)

Sweet! Looking forward to it. Yeah, at first I saw the cabins, and got mad that I couldnt go inside, but then I realized that they were where the trader was at. Oh, and the picnic area and that bench carved out of a log, was great. Now, the only thing that kinda of bothered me, but was not game breaking by all means, was the invisable map border wall at the bottom of the river where the map ends. I kept running and running, thinking that I would keep going, but I obviously couldnt. Not sure what to do about that, maybe add border trees or blockers or something.

Besides that, this is just an overall fun and enjoyable map. And there are very few things to complain about here :)

Upvote 0
Played it, too, is a VERY nice reminder of Alan Wake. The setting is extraordinary for an engine such as the UE2.5. Also liked the freedom the map provides, it doesn't feel stale. Also, the cabins are nice touches.

Would cover the river, though. Feels a bit ugly being able to hide under the water and nothing changes. I know KF seemingly does not support water volumes (or we did not discover them yet). So I would fence most of it off, or plant wooden logs here and there to prevent you taking a swim in the wet.
Speaking of which, I would prefer the water texture slightly less clear. Maybe not as brown as close to the swampy manor, but definatly not as clear as buyable water. :)

Oh and the cave trail's upper exit, the one close to the wooden lookout point, needs another spawn on top. Makes it slightly easy to camp there right now, albeit being far away from any trader.

That said, I would LOVE a night version with moon light and sharp shadows and some blistering shadows blown through the trees. Keep up the good work. :)

Upvote 0
Played it, too, is a VERY nice reminder of Alan Wake. The setting is extraordinary for an engine such as the UE2.5. Also liked the freedom the map provides, it doesn't feel stale. Also, the cabins are nice touches.

Would cover the river, though. Feels a bit ugly being able to hide under the water and nothing changes. I know KF seemingly does not support water volumes (or we did not discover them yet). So I would fence most of it off, or plant wooden logs here and there to prevent you taking a swim in the wet.
Speaking of which, I would prefer the water texture slightly less clear. Maybe not as brown as close to the swampy manor, but definatly not as clear as buyable water. :)

Oh and the cave trail's upper exit, the one close to the wooden lookout point, needs another spawn on top. Makes it slightly easy to camp there right now, albeit being far away from any trader.

That said, I would LOVE a night version with moon light and sharp shadows and some blistering shadows blown through the trees. Keep up the good work. :)

Agree, the water was a bit too clear. Made me want to crouch down and drink it lol. A night version of this map would be reallllly spooky. Besides adding night skybox, shadows and stuff, you could make the cabins have a light that can be seen from outside or make it have a front porch light. Also, a fire place that is lit (but doesnt do damage to people, if possible) would be neat, and of course, if there's any signs that are added, then have them light up, and maybe add a light or two inside of the cave.

Man, the possibilities are endless here. If only I had the time to actually learn how to create maps, I would love to be able to design a map.

Upvote 0