• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Forest

This was the newest version though? Because in B1 and in a version of B2 I only had online for about 30 minutes specimens could still fall through the map and wander around at the bottom. Still audible, but not killable. This is fixed now.

When I play with my brother and friends we get a few stray specimens from time to time that don't show up with the main bulk but a minute or so later, on their own, but I don't think I can fix that. Happens in every larger map, I'm afraid.

But I'll take a look at the bushes near the traders. :)

Upvote 0
ur map rocks. to spawn the zeds in the bushes is genius.
Thanks. :) It's the reason the map can be a little more action packed than MountainPass even though it's also very open, because ZEDs can spawn a lot closer to you.

The ZEDs aren't actually spawned in the bushes, btw. because I don't think that would be possible. They have to be spawned out of sight. So they are spawned in a little spawn-bucket below the bushes and then catapulted up through the terrain (which can be passed through from below, but not from above).:)

Re: Cave. Yeah. I put a few weapons into it but not enough to really get people to go there. I thought it would be more popular because it's a good defensive position. *shrug* A trader does sound like a good idea. I'll look into it.

Upvote 0
This is a quite a lovely map. However, I do think the specimens are catapulted too high up into the air over the bushes when they spawn. It just doesn't look very good to me. It's an atmospheric issue. If it could be changed, it look nicer to me, at least.

Also, it is possible to get blocked on some of the tree bridge's corners. Blocked as in running into a wall, if you understand. Like the bump is too high to cross when you think it shouldn't really be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is a quite a lovely map. However, I do think the specimens are catapulted too high up into the air over the bushes when they spawn. It just doesn't look very good to me. It's an atmospheric issue. If it could be changed, it look nicer to me, at least.
First of all, thank you. :) Second, yeah, I agree but it's necessary so they don't bump into eachother on the way up and make some fall through the ground again.:(

Upvote 0