• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-MuskratCastle

Murphy

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
liandri.darkbb.com
Server Crash on Map-Change should now be fixed!

Removed emitters. The sunset's reflection in the water doesn't glitter anymore but the map shouldn't crash servers.
I also added a fence at a place where I just had an invisible wall before.

The Workshop is being updated. If you subscribed to the map there you should get the update automatically.

If you downloaded the map manually (e.g. to install it on your server) please download the newest version here:

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?y6a1rh9j33hxxgs

----------------
Muskrat Castle is the name of the log cabin on the middle of a lake called Glimmerglass Lake that floating Tom Hutter lives in with his two daughters in James F. Cooper's The Deerslayer. That's the inspiration for this map for Killing Floor.

Except instead of Mingos we're going to be fighting zombies, instead of an old log cabin we have a modernized farmhouse-turned-meeting-center and instead of having it built on wooden posts we have it set on a tiny island.
... but it's still on a lake, for what it's worth. :p

Here are some screenshots:
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Reactions: snowbaw
Why link a site where you have to pay?

This is for game modding, why would anyone pay to develop something for free? :confused:
They offer completely free samples of pretty much every sky and the samples are in a resolution of 3000x1500! Ignoring the black half, that's 3000x750 of really exceptional - completely ready-to-use - skies!

The sky you see in my screenshots is made from such a free sample, resized and sharpened to 4096x1024. And it would probably look great downsized to 2048x512 as well.

I really don't know what more you could want from (free) sky textures.:confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They offer completely free samples of pretty much every sky and the samples are in a resolution of 3000x1500! Ignoring the black half, that's 3000x750 of really exceptional - completely read-to-use - skies!

The sky you see in my screenshots is made from such a free sample, resized and sharpened to 4096x1024. And it would probably look great downsized to 2048x512 as well.

I really don't know what more you could want from (free) sky textures.:confused:

Aw, sorry mate, i didn't realise they gave free samples.

My mistake. Thank you very much for sharing :)

Upvote 0
Great map I must say ! Very pretty and has a good flow. My only concerns are :
- lack of detail in the medium floor (where the trader is) and downstairs (thats just a mere suggestion).
- top floor , people can crouch and go behing the rows of chairs, maybe block it ?
- top floor, put crates or another things within the square table to facilitate player movement in there. Jumping to get out of it doesnt always work well :S

edit : i see theres a B1 version, Ill have to check it out tonight...

here are a couple vids we made, 2nd one has no sound (i messed up) :

Killing Floor - Muskrat Castle - HoE 6man W10-11 - YouTube

Killing Floor - Muskrat Castle - 4man HoE 10FF W10-11 - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for feedback! Middle floor isn't done yet and I don't even know which rooms to keep and which ones to block off. Players don't need them all. I don't want to draw fights back there. I'm going to keep the big one and add sun-rays, among general decor. I might still close it off with a see-through door, however. I don't know yet.

(Haven't really thought about the map too much since then, if I'm perfectly honest.)

I'll see what I can do about the other things you noted. Thanks again.:)

Upvote 0