• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Kf-BigSunrise

Swift-Brutal-Death

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
Kf-BigSunrise
New version out.
Beta1-5
DL http://www.mediafire.com/?x33u094i5ltn2yu

*Added blockers to prevent exploits caused by last update that made changes to physics. (Players can now move themselves by firing weapon in low grav and reach places they weren't supposed to.)

*Added the iKILL floor cleaner robot (like a roomba). Find and shoot 17 Gnomes to activate it. It does not cause any damage itself, it simply scurries around the floor and players can ride on it. Not intended for anything besides a fun addition to the map.

*A couple changes to music tracks

Description:

The players and zeds battle in a giant bedroom. Picture Honey I Shrunk the Kids.

You can climb on nearly everything.

Six traders

Kf-bigsunrisebeta1-3 - YouTube

2012050600003.jpg

2012051600001.jpg

2012051600003.jpg

Older version download links:

Version Beta1-1:http://www.mediafire.com/?1mmb8d6glm6hr10
Version Beta1-2:http://www.mediafire.com/?usp8en35xrg18kr
Version Beta1-3 download:http://www.mediafire.com/?4s3sfjhihzldul2
Version Beta1-3 With ceiling fan removed:http://www.mediafire.com/?3qv412j40tv2ayf

Last edited:
gotta download the new version now, but first i wanna post my thoughts about the previous version which i played yesterday.

like the theme, it's about time that a good map of this type hits the game. found the overall light a bit odd, but the screenshows look like an improvement, so i guess you already worked on that. map has nice details (like the hanging puppets) and you can almost seemlessly walk one round in areas above the floor. the zeds look like lemmings if there are a lot of em arround. the point where they sometimes get stuck is the bookshelf that leads to the table with the computer.

bigsun1.jpg

also found a bug where zeds that you shoot by the keyboard had their torso "float" above it for a moment (see screenie).

bigsun%202.jpg

the lack of visible traders is due to developement i guess. to sum it up - i really like your imagination and found myself enjoying all of your recent maps (hell was great and the idea of a silent hill movie map kicks ***). bigsun is no exception, it's fun to play.

keep it up!

bigsun3.jpg

Upvote 0
@soulion
Thanks for the feedback, this is exactly what I hope for in reviews. Ill address each point.

Lighting has been increased a bit while trying to keep the idea of a dark room with the sun shining through the blinds.

I hadn't noticed the bookshelf pile up so I'll fix that for 1-3 thank you for spotting it. The floating on keyboard might have to do with the chair collision not being set properly as the keyboard has been checked, thanks again for spot.

As for traders I've gotten in the habit of not even putting them in anymore. The reason being; we've all seen her and we've seen her weapon displays. To me it seems kind of silly to put her in unless something unique is done with her and at this point in time I prefer to spend my time on the map portion of design rather than the trader rooms. So unless I get an urge to do something creative she will be just a ghost hollering at players throughout each round.

Thanks again for feedback sir.

Upvote 0
@swift : yw. played the newer version of the map and it feels more polished and fluent than the previous one. liked details like the skittles on the ground. the photos are matter of taste but then so are posters in one's room. and everybody likes cats, right? this is a soon to be classic in the making and as soon as there is a final or even white version of the map i can imagine it played a lot on servers and in local matches.

figured the bit with the trader as it shows in other maps of you and understand that you feel the need for something original in there instead of something static that's always there. when i personally play a map tho and i see no trader at all i first jump to one of the following conclusions : 1. the trader isn't there cause the mapper lacks skill and doesn't know how to put it into the map 2. the mapper has copied the map from some other game and is 3. too lazy to put it in. it just seems incomplete when there is nothing at all. maybe it's just me but i like pressing the E key for purchasing much more when there is some person in front of the player instead of thin air. slappy's idea to put the zoey skin by octane on the trader could be the start of a trend to use different skins and models (not the witch, whoever came up with that) for the trader to keep it interesting. maybe caravan sales dude like in fallout 3? or the robot from borderlands?

that how i feel about it but, despite that, i still enjoy the community maps made by skilled people like swift, murphy or kingshinobi (just to name a few favourites) a whole lot.

Upvote 0
What about removing the ZombieVolume located in the duct towards the roof? Specimens are using the ventilator to reach furniture camp spot... This is a problem in a 10+ server with maxzombiesonce set to +100. Now, in the beta2 version, people start to playing only as zerks/medics (I hate kitting).
If you claim that the map will be too easy by doing this, I invite you to join my server and give a try (even w/ 6-8 players and MaxZombiesOnce set to 90).

PS. can you rollback the changes in the television? (the poltergeist effect is more scary) :)

thanks,
Sumo

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What about removing the ZombieVolume located in the duct towards the roof? Specimens are using the ventilator to reach furniture camp spot... This is a problem in a 10+ server with maxzombiesonce set to +100. Now, in the beta2 version, people start to playing only as zerks/medics (I have kitting).
If you claim that the map will be too easy by doing this, I invite you to join my server and give a try (even w/ 6-8 players and MaxZombiesOnce set to 90).

PS. can you rollback the changes in the television? (the poltergeist effect is more scary) :)

thanks,
Sumo

Maybe a Veteran version and easier version?

I would love to make everyone happy with one version but with all of the different mods and mutators people run it is impossible to make a single map work perfectly for all of them.

Upvote 0
@007spider007
I have fixed that window with a blocker so players cannot get up there...I think that's what you are showing me, thanks : )

What about removing the ZombieVolume located in the duct towards the roof? Specimens are using the ventilator to reach furniture camp spot... This is a problem in a 10+ server with maxzombiesonce set to +100. Now, in the beta2 version, people start to playing only as zerks/medics (I hate kitting).

thanks,
Sumo

Ok Sumo beta1-3 is out with a standard version and one with Fan Access and zombies removed. Hope that helps.

P.S. Television rolled back

Links are on first post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
New version out. Beta1-5

http://www.mediafire.com/?x33u094i5ltn2yu

*Added blockers to prevent exploits caused by last update that made changes to physics. (Players can now move themselves by firing weapon in low grav and reach places they weren't supposed to.)

*Added the iKILL floor cleaner robot (like a roomba). Find and shoot 17 Gnomes to activate it. It does not cause any damage itself, it simply scurries around the floor and players can ride on it. Not intended for anything besides a fun addition to the map.

*A couple changes to music tracks

Upvote 0