• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-OldeTower-beta3

...which they didn't.

I'm gonna make use of Fallidel's Triggerback to make a work around.

I'm also working on a new spawning method, one that will make the map play more like it did in the mod days. Alongside this, a couple of new spawns and, in short, a tougher map.

Aiming for this to be the very final version, anything that comes to mind is appriciated. :)

Edit: I want to be rid of this one once and for all!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
...which they didn't.

I'm gonna make use of Fallidel's Triggerback to make a work around.

I'm also working on a new spawning method, one that will make the map play more like it did in the mod days. Alongside this, a couple of new spawns and, in short, a tougher map.

Aiming for this to be the very final version, I would love to hear some feedback. :)

Great map!! played with 5 players mad it to about wave 6 you would say? very tough but thats what makes it fun.

Upvote 0
Changes to the spawning system works like this:

All enemies are spawned in the same room. They are then instantly spawned to a random spawn point belonging to the current wave.

towspwns.jpg

Main benefits are the end(!) of specimens being stuck in places where players can't get to them(something that still occurs in beta 3 even).

This makes for much faster gameplay. The way the map(and the game) used to work back in mod days, with a constant flow of enemies rather than short bursts. Added to that, they now attack from different directions(although each wave still has a "main spawn".)
Tougher, shorter map time and hopefully more intriguing gameplay.

@Bangulo: Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Fel
Upvote 0
Actually, the current system is far more complicated and has taken an enormous amount of time to get right(with failure as a result), with teleports all over the map for the enemies to access, and get to stuck at ... This way they're confined only to the current wave.
As will the players be. It won't be possible to back track at all any more and you will be teleported back rather than get stuck.

When this is implemented I will run some tests to later release the final final final version of the map, at last. :)

So I can focus 100% on KF-LerwickWonder which is quite near beta now. Some triggers and puzzles yet to make.

Edit: Not to mention Offices Story that I haven't forgotten. Take pot luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fel and FluX
Upvote 0