• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-TheHiveV3

Found dozens of bugs... check my latest 3 screenies for one of them, also, when sirens get out of one of those doors which close after, you can get in, so when it closes you stuck. And When there is the rocket cutscene, I simply fall many times, but I suppose I had to get in so I did that another time and it worked :p
And the game seems too short, ending suggests there would be something further, like a moon base from Umbrella :p
Edit: forgot that also when you go down elevator you can stuck on one of windows :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Finally got around to playing this map.

I have to be cruel to be kind, but I was a little let down by this addition to the Hive series.

First of all let me say that I am forever grateful for your contributions to KF with the Hive series. I dont want you taking any bad blood away from this review.

I think I'll start by saying... I just didn't feel the love with Hive 3. It was trying to be something it wasn't. Hive made its name as the RE movie themed map which was brilliant in everyway. Hive V2 hit the scene as a more polished and crafted version of the original Hive map. Hive V2 also included an end segment in the raccoon airport. Although Hive V2 never really was finished, as it doesn't really have an end to it. It is the now preferred RE lovers story map, and rightfully so.

Hive V2 had it all. Realistic story similar to the film with a twist. Well detailed and crafted. Kept you on your toes throughout.

Hive V3 seemed to miss all of that sadly.

V3's story was unrealistic to say the least. It was quite clearly made based on Call Of Duty Black Ops. Which completely begs the question, why make it Hive V3? It had nothing to do with RE, therefore immediately lost its appeal. To call it an entry to the Hive series is kinda pointless.

The only connection Hive V3 has to Resident Evil is the fact it totally ruined its legacy by derailing its story, just like RE did when it released RE 4 and called it an entry into the series.

If I'm bluntly honest. I got bored of playing it. It wasn't gripping like Hive V1 & 2. All the door codes got old really fast, the moon part at the end was just silly. It was just not happening.

And a flaw V3 has is that it lags so much its unplayable in some areas. But with all due respect, that is probably one of the smaller issues this map has.

But there is some good. I think the content, in terms of interaction with the player, was good. I like that movie sequence getting into the rocket and it taking off. As a technical entry, it did build on V2, which is a great achievement.

It just didn't even hit the radar in terms of story and entertainment. I recommend not playing CoD when designing a map based on Resident Evil.

I will say no more now. Again, please take no offense. I appreciate the time and effort you put into the map. Thank you for your contribution.

Upvote 0
Finally got around to playing this map.

I have to be cruel to be kind, but I was a little let down by this addition to the Hive series.

First of all let me say that I am forever grateful for your contributions to KF with the Hive series. I dont want you taking any bad blood away from this review.

Absolutely fine! And no offence shall be taken from any review. I appreciate you taking time to write this.

Ill start on the storyline.

Technically speaking, there is no solid storyline on this version of the Hive. I did envision it to be as close as possible to Resident Evil Extinction (The one in the desert) But I lost most inspiration for that.

It DID go towards a desert style Hive with a missile launch facility (Black Ops Zombies - Ascension) with alot of Resident Evil content.
I would say its more connected to Resident Evil than Black Ops.

And I completely agree with you on Storyline. It does need to be improved.

It was quite clearly made based on Call Of Duty Black Ops. Which completely begs the question, why make it Hive V3? It had nothing to do with RE, therefore immediately lost its appeal. To call it an entry to the Hive series is kinda pointless.

I could create any map that is based underground, stick a few spawns here and there and call it a Hive.

HiveV2 in reality had no storyline. I basically had you go through the same map twice (but with spawns) and whacked on a new version number. Then added a ending that made you go to an airport. This was not based on any film.

The only true version that was based off any RE film, was HiveV1.

I get the feeling your not a great fan of Black Ops! :)

If I'm bluntly honest. I got bored of playing it. It wasn't gripping like Hive V1 & 2. All the door codes got old really fast, the moon part at the end was just silly. It was just not happening.

If you have any ideas on making it last longer please let me know.

The doors with keypads adds on extra time for playing the game. Running around bumping into doors would make this already short map even shorter!

I'm sad that you didn't enjoy the ending :( It was done to make it a little more different than other endings. Would you of enjoyed the ending if it perhaps lasted a lot longer? Say, another Hive on the moon?

Or did the whole concept of being "on the Moon" not play well?

And a flaw V3 has is that it lags so much its unplayable in some areas. But with all due respect, that is probably one of the smaller issues this map has.

Agreed. I have had issues with some areas. Perhaps a little more Zone portaling and Anti-Portaling should do the trick!

But there is some good. I think the content, in terms of interaction with the player, was good. I like that movie sequence getting into the rocket and it taking off

Im glad that you liked that! And I hope to add much more in the BETA Version (Whenever that comes!) - And if you have any cool ideas I will make sure they get considered!

Upvote 0
Absolutely fine! And no offence shall be taken from any review. I appreciate you taking time to write this.

I feel so bad right now. I feel like I've dumped on your work. Dude it is epic, I haven't seen mapping like it in KF. I just... didn't feel it this time around. Maybe because I was stuck in lag alot of the time it took away the enjoyment. I dont know. But you are such a nice guy man, I hate giving a review like I did.

But you hit something when you said about a facility on the moon. I was expecting there to be another facility, that would be cool.

I reckon, if you can get the lag down in some areas. Less keypads. Dont get rid of them all, but just a few less. That would change the map again.

I think the mission should be. Infiltrate the Hive facility on the earth to get on the rocket, so you can get to the moon. On the moon you have to infiltrate another facility to stop a rocket strike of G Virus that is aimed at the earth.

Hive V3 has it there to be great. I reckon a few polish points would make it.

But overall, it isn't bad by any standard, probably more confusing would be a better word.

Upvote 0