• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Trouble with missing files

Swift-Brutal-Death

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
Problem is that I added statics from a file outside of the normal KF maps/files. This shows up as missing resources for people that don't have the files (95% of ppl).

I thought that I had done this same maneuver in the past without problems but I must have been mistaken. The trouble I'm having now is locating all the items that are from that file so I can remove them and get this map working. I have about 700 meshes placed. Is there anyway to do a search to locate statics that have specific resources? Apparently there are still missing resources but I am having a hell of a time finding them all. I have been going through the search function looking at every static mesh one by one looking for null static reference and it's just taking forever.

Anyone had a similar problem before? If so did you come up with a good system to fix it?

Edit:I went through the textures since there are way less of them and I can't find any trace of the Palace files left. Somehow this map is just imprinted with ghost files that prevent it from working. I have no idea how to fix it now...

EDITX2: Figured it out I hope. Just had to keep on doing what I was doing and find every last thing for removal.

Last edited: