• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Autotrigger when players start

A playerstart's Event is fired when a player starts through it. Does that help?

this is option is scripted trigger no?
so, i have same question,, is possible ti make simple trigger (not scripted) when all players start this trigger will acivated scripted and that start events in scripted. (PLAYSOUND for example)

i thisk that, can make simple trigger, with delay time 9999999999 and I do not think it's a good idea :D

wanna make soundtracks like a CS or Q3 :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Write your Event into the playerstart's Event -> Event field and it will be fired when a player starts through it. Write it into every playerstart on the map and it's necessarily going to be fired when the game starts.

What you do with this Event is up to you. If you want to use it to trigger a Scripted Trigger make its first Action "WaitForEvent" and enter the event of the playerstarts. Then your play_sound actions and as a last Action, to make the sounds loop, a GoToAction 1. That way it doesn't just stop but repeat from the second Action onwards (i.e. from when the music started).

Upvote 0
Murphy;

I found that if you do not destroy the object that is calling the event, it can by-pass actions in a scripted sequence (If repeatedly triggered)

E.G.

Wait_For_Event - "Triggered"
Wait_For_Timer - "5 minutes"
Trigger_Event - "JumpAround"

If you triggered the event "Triggered" three times, it gets to the end of that scripted sequence.
I've usually had to add a "Destroy Actor" in a scripted sequence to stop that happening.

Cheers,
KiCk3R

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not sure if TWI ever whitelisted it(Submitted but no list of mods to check if passed) but this is the latest version of Falidell's Triggerpack. If I remember correctly there is a trigger that will automatically fire when players spawn/ready up. Has some other features you might find useful.

[url]http://www.mediafire.com/?ydkauea0u1guniq[/URL]

Falidells Triggerpack (V1) is all white listed. I use it frequently.

Upvote 0