• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design How to make a MISSION map (Tutorial)

Nice tutorial, but I have some issues, I can't get the wave to end :S

I have set up the triggers for the zombies spawns, they all work fine, I have the zones set up (SHOPEVENT, Zombie Volume etc.)

The wave begins with 26 specimens, when the trigger is hit, it spawns more to around 45, then always returns to 26 when I've killed them all and then it does nothing.

Have I done something wrong here?

Is it a setting in the Zombie Volume or something?

I've made sure the holding zombies are all dead too, it just wont budge past 26 or start the trader time.

EDIT: I found the issue, the zombies wont die in the Zombie Kill Zone...I clearly haven't ticked a box somewhere yet?

EDIT: I Fixed the Issue by changing it to a LavaVolume instead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You need to have a normal zombievolume outside the map and spawn the regular zombies into a kill volume.

Also dont forget to spawn 10 zombies outside that map as well so you can hold the wave. Then when you want the wave to end, you destroy actor

EDIT: Maybe I should remake the test map darn file front del the file. That why i moved to personal file hosting

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok, I'm officially bouncin off of the walls here, my doors will not open or close after the wave ends or when the trader ends.

The strange thing is, to test all the mission map triggers I created a smaller level and everything worked fine, yet now on my real project, the doors refuse to work, any ideas why?

Everything is identical to the way the tutorial says, how it works on my test map, I can't see why it wouldn't work.

EDIT: Fixed, for some reason the doors were set to start already slealed :S knocked that to false, works fine now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok, I'm officially bouncin off of the walls here, my doors will not open or close after the wave ends or when the trader ends.

The strange thing is, to test all the mission map triggers I created a smaller level and everything worked fine, yet now on my real project, the doors refuse to work, any ideas why?

Everything is identical to the way the tutorial says, how it works on my test map, I can't see why it wouldn't work.

EDIT: Fixed, for some reason the doors were set to start already slealed :S knocked that to false, works fine now.
ok glad you got it to work. =D if you need help add me on steam

Upvote 0