• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Doors in the SDK

Chickenfeed

May 24, 2009
I'm trying to make my map, and now have started adding in doors - But they don't work at all.

With the mapping guide being incredibly hard to understnad for noobs like me, I've had to guess, look at other levels and scan tutorials, but still it doesn't work.

I've created a KFDoorMover with a door which is twice the size of the player for some reason, and I put the KFUseTrigger in the middle of it, facing the direction of the second frame, I changed the event tag/name thing to Door1 on both, yet when I test it it doesn't open, doesn't weld and doesnt blow up.

Is there anyone kind enough to give me a little step by step walkthrough of how to get these buggered things to work? I'd be very grateful.

ummm from what i know you have to set the keys(or positions, key0, key1,key2) so you would place your door in the position it would be in when closed and right click it go to keys and click on key0 for the base position. then key 1 and 2 for both opened positions(inner and outer, you have to manually rotate the door or move the door to the opened positions). i think thats how it works. umm if you look in your killingfloor game folder( for me it's Z:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor ) there should be a folder called MappingGuide with a file called KFMappingGuideRetail that text file should clear things up for you.

here is the part i'm refering to in that file
" Usable doors are movers called KFDoorMover. These are movers that act normal but that can be opened outward from either direction. They have three key frames. The 0 key frame is set to a closed position and 1 and 2 are set to a open position for both directions.

Actor → Triggers → UseTrigger → KFUseTrigger

There needs to be a corresponding trigger for opening the door called KFUseTrigger. It's event needs to the same name as the door's tag. For example: Door1. This links the door and the trigger together. The KFUseTrigger needs to be placed in the center of door with it's arrow pointing the same direction as the 2nd key frame. In the trigger's properties under KFUseTrigger, “bDirectionalOpen” needs to be set to True."

Last edited:
Upvote 0