• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Killing Floor SDK and Mapping Guide

Please, guys, tell me, why i can't find MAC10 sources in last SDK, downloaded from Steam? I have downloaded it twice, but still don't have them.
Also my KFVetFirebug.uc don't have a code of adding MAC10 to inventory on 6 level in AddDefaultInventory function, but it has MAC10 LevelEffect description.

Upvote 0
Hey

Hey

There are several good tutorials out there. The ones in the forums from people, the ones Fel listed, Wikipedia, and even You Tube. There is no certain master guide. Get from other mappers and look for yourself. Plus of course experiment with what you can do. If you see something you like and go hey how did they do that. Well open the map in the sdk and look. By all means I am not saying steal it but it may help you in learning how to do something similar in your own tastes.

:D

Upvote 0
You can download the Killing Floor SDK from the Tools section in Steam.

The official SDK and mapping guide for Killing Floor is now available! The guide can be found in:

\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\MappingGuide

And the SDK can be found in the Tools section in Steam. You can also launch it from your system folder:

\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\System\KFEd.exe

Good luck and we look forward to seeing your custom content!

I hope you can forgive me, that I don't read every single page on this discussion. So, I have no clue, if this problem is already solved, or not. But I have neither the Mapping Guide in the directory, which is explained above, nor the KFEd.exe.
What I have in the whole KillingFloor-Folder (except the important data's to play this awesome game!) is an Icon for the editor in \steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\help\EDicon.ico
But, clearly no .exe-data to this, or any other thing which clearly says "I am the Map-Editor! Click me!"

So, it would make me really, really happy, if you could please explain to me, where I have to look for it, or what I am supposed to do, to find an Map-Editor?

I have a original bought (yes, with a DVD) version of this game. ordered from an online internet-shop.

Thanks a lot!!

Upvote 0
I hope you can forgive me, that I don't read every single page on this discussion. So, I have no clue, if this problem is already solved, or not. But I have neither the Mapping Guide in the directory, which is explained above, nor the KFEd.exe.
What I have in the whole KillingFloor-Folder (except the important data's to play this awesome game!) is an Icon for the editor in \steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\help\EDicon.ico
But, clearly no .exe-data to this, or any other thing which clearly says "I am the Map-Editor! Click me!"

So, it would make me really, really happy, if you could please explain to me, where I have to look for it, or what I am supposed to do, to find an Map-Editor?

I have a original bought (yes, with a DVD) version of this game. ordered from an online internet-shop.

Thanks a lot!!

The SDK doesn't come with the game DVD. Instead it's a free to download tool and avaialable under the tools section of the steam library page.

Upvote 0
5jHqL.jpg

?

Upvote 0