• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design The Hive

Hey, yes a redirect is possible for a server, these are the settings that need changing in the .ini file.

[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
RedirectToURL= [url]http://uz.gameservers.net/[/URL]ut2004/
ProxyServerHost=
ProxyServerPort=3128
UseCompression=True

[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
AllowDownloads=True
MaxDownloadSize=0
DownloadManagers=IpDrv.HTTPDownload
DownloadManagers=Engine.ChannelDownload

Do this and most of the custom maps are now uploaded to that redirect, Hope this helps :D

Upvote 0
Hey, yes a redirect is possible for a server, these are the settings that need changing in the .ini file.

[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
RedirectToURL= http://uz.gameservers.net/[url]http://uz.gameservers.net/[/URL]ut2004/
ProxyServerHost=
ProxyServerPort=3128
UseCompression=True

[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
AllowDownloads=True
MaxDownloadSize=0
DownloadManagers=IpDrv.HTTPDownload
DownloadManagers=Engine.ChannelDownload

Do this and most of the custom maps are now uploaded to that redirect, Hope this helps :D

Cheers :)

It's working now, however I had to delete "DownloadManagers=Engine.ChannelDownload" to get it to use the redirect :/

Upvote 0
So the keyboard mismatch issue ... is that something I fix by disabling VAC on my dedicated server? Is that the only fix, or is there something else I can do?

EDIT: I guess the VAC thing doesn't work. Just tried it, still getting the mismatch error when I attempt to d/l the keyboard.u from the redirect. Is this map basically for local/hosted play only? Not viable for a dedicated server atm?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anyone else noticed for servers that host TheHive map when people that join and do not have the map the file size is listed as 2K and the completion ranges from like 1000%-160000% ?

I also did a quick test on my dedicated server with redirect to the map file and connected and noticed the same issue it shows the filesize as 2K with insane download percentages. Where as it's supposed to only go to 100% Is this normal or is something not setup correctly to show the true 67MB file size of the compressed map?

--EDIT
I realized the issue occurred because I was hosting the map on a FTP but when I threw the redirect to my webspace via HTTP the filesize showed up correctly with the correct percentage gauge.

BTW any idea how to fix the mismatch errors for keyboard and menu? These files did not even exist in my killing floor local game path. I have no idea why it's saying there is a mismatch when infact these files do not exist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My bro and I got together with a couple of friends and decided to try and beat the map. We didn't exactly do it in one run, but we managed to get there eventually :p. If anyone is stuck or they just want to see a couple of noobs run through the maps your welcome to ;).

Part 1: YouTube - Killing Floor Resident Evil Map (part 1)

Part 2: YouTube - Killing Floor Resident Evil Map (part 2)

Part 3: YouTube - Killing Floor Resident Evil Map (part 3)

Part 4: YouTube - Killing Floor Resident Evil Map (part 4)

And, if you want to just skip straight to the bloopers here you go:

Bloopers: YouTube - Killing Floor Resident Evil Map Bloopers

Note: HD versions should be available soon. Also, we got stuck at the end. WE beat the boss, but nothing really triggered for us. I am not sure if that is a bug or if we missed something. Anyway, great map kick3r! :D

Upvote 0
The videos are quite nice, although you should really try to play it at normal or hard. Makes it more fun :p. Especially once you get that fleshpound there and later on with like no ammo left. We've been plinking him for a long time.

I ran out of ammo in part 3 :D. That's why I had my knife out. I did try it on normal and we died at the end with the fleshpounds, heh. We kind of wanted to get to the end that is why we had it on easy ;).

Lol at the videos.

Thanks for taking the time to play it.
Pleased to annouce the bugs will be repaired for July.
Hopefully get a bunch of new content in there too :)

Some funny parts on that video.

Best part i laughed at. Video 3, at 5.05 :)

Glad you liked the playthough. My friends will be very happy to know that you are planning on fixing the bugs ;).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just finished playing it with three other guys. Got up to the Patriarch and didn't have enough ammo.

Absolutely stellar map, even with the various (minor) glitches. Had be nervous the entire time. Sewer section, the spawn just as you're escaping to the train, and so many others.. ho boy.

Amazing work! Just wish it was longer. 10/10.

Upvote 0
wow very nice map ...

but can someone help me? I played it solo and i always fail when the zombie hordes spawn and spawn again ... what do i have to do there. (it's after rebooting the red queen.. then i have to walk back and put another code in a door... after i put in the code .. the infinite zombies spawn.. so what's next?)

Upvote 0