• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design The Hive

OK my bad, THERE ARE ZOMBIES LOTS OF THEM. I managed to get past the laser beam part, just duck under the first laser and run to where you put the code in and keep your back against the wall lmao easy. Then you get the lvl 5 keycard go back to before you entered the red queen room, further back and then you shall find... Many zombies I guess I can't do this map alone, gonna need help.

Upvote 0
I just made it through this with a full team of Clanmates. It was a truly _awesome_ experience, so scary... Looking forward to taking this on in suicidal xD

Music is awesome, artwork is incredible, it felt so claustrophobic at times. There are some bugs though that broke the game for us, like someone falling through the floor in some spots, but i'm sure this is gonna get worked out. Gonna take notes on the next run on bugs and post them!

Incredible good work guys, keep it coming, we're HUNGRY xD

Thanks so much for this one, you made our evening!

Greets,
Dowst

Upvote 0
Okay thanks, this is pretty interesting. Still looking for the code but I really like this feature. I think it should be more intuitive though to find the key code, or find the hidden path any sort of indicator really.

Also obstructions besides invisible walls should really be placed on either side of the hallway to make it more intuitive and less cheesy (I dont recall the last time I encountered an invisible wall :D).

It might be worth noting the "Next wave incoming" text for this map may be a bug.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I also discovered an exploit. Its possible to leave the first room by jumping off one of the benches and leaving out the window. Also the background has very low resolution, should be changed.

outside.jpg

Upvote 0
Ok, so I managed to, with my buddies, to get to the end. And by with, I mean 'one totally lost in tunnels, rest killed, one left behind when I snagged the train.'

And I reach the 'end', and managed to get into the original room again. Is there no way out, or do we have to finish with the normal way, which seems pretty impossible.

Upvote 0
Omggg best map I've played yet, we definitely need more objective based maps like this.

I'll outline it for you guys who have trouble :
Keypad at the painting to the left of the big doors at the first. Down the elevator, follow the path (won't give any secrets out), get to the red queen room, only one person should go into the laser room, get to the end where the door is, try to hack it then just crouch and stay by that door until the lasers are over. From there all I will say is watch the movie it's EXACTLY like it except the sewer part you aren't above the zombies and it's pitch black(love it).

there are a few secret type things to it and you really really really have to have at least 5 people on your team 6 is recommended...because you will not make it past the ending since one or two of you will die throughout it, probably all of you will the first playthrough and to get through the ending part you really have to have at least 3~4 people unless you are really good then maybe 1~2 would do it if they have enough ammo.

We played at least 9 times and never finished it except one run we managed to get 2 people to the end but the patriarch bugged out and got stuck/glitched under the train (might be a bug you want to look into, maybe putting him near the door would do it?) but yeh there is really no ending you just grenade yourself and restart which really sucks but I suppose that would take some server-side modding to happen or maybe a button that kills the entire wave (set it to only 1 wave) and disable the boss or something? Or maybe set a button to open the last door and that kills the wave but spawns a boss near the players? Just some thoughts other than that it is really amazing and I pray you do some more maps like this as it was fun to try and figure out and still is fun to try and finish it :p

Oh yah btw we were doing it on suicidal, that seems to be the funnest way to attempt it...on normal there is too few specimens to enjoy the whole ammo conservation part of it.

Upvote 0
Hi KiCk3R
Just wondering why you have included all those .ogg files when they cannot be redirected by a server...In fact I believe that UT2004 servers cannot push/download music files to the client at all?

Maybe I'm missing a step here but why put them on the server if they are client only?

I think it does actually download the, but if not usually people would go here to download a map this size and get the files from here anyhow :) sort of an optional thing.

Upvote 0
Have any of the dumbasses who are complaining about this map ever seen the movie RESIDENT EVIL? If not I suggest you go watch now because its a pretty decent zombie movie.

Anyways, watch the movie, you will understand where to go, what to do, what happens, and you'll enjoy it all so much more.

This map follows the movie almost exactly.(Minus alot of dialogue)

Upvote 0
I think it does actually download the, but if not usually people would go here to download a map this size and get the files from here anyhow :) sort of an optional thing.

Errm..I did not understand your reply at all there Arch..lol

If your saying the .ogg files are downloaded by the client well as i posted they can't be because the ut2004 engine does not support music download files.
We have tested this in a private server and only the map, sound, staticmesh and the keyboard file actually download...BTW our server is preventing players joining because of a Keyboard.u mismatch error?

Whats that all about?
Does that keyboard file actually need to be there at all?

Upvote 0