• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design KF-NorthernSolitude

Skell

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
On the Internet.
I ended up liking DMN's ice wall idea a lot so I made a small little room with it. I was really into the look so I decided to make a map 'based' around that room. I started working on it last night and a bit this morning so everything is barren and not detailed. Here's some screenshots:
Spoiler!

I'm trying to make it feel cold with the external areas and maintaining those thrilling chills throughout the map's interior areas. Suggestions would be great.

I was about to say this... reminds me a LOT of some Unreal Tournament maps.
Honestly I'm just randomly putting together what I think looks good. Not really sure what part of UT as I've never really played any but hopefully it's a good thing haha
Dude, this looks simply fantastic.
Thanks!

Here's some screenshots of some new areas:
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
I've been playing the newest Pokemon game since christmas so I've done almost nothing as far as map progress. However, I have now completed the game (caught all of the regional pokemon, etc, etc), so it's time to start work once more.

Happy new years everyone!
ORAS?
I bought the double pack at the Nintendo World event, havnt even touched my sapphire copy. Still was a neat event.

Upvote 0
ORAS?
I bought the double pack at the Nintendo World event, havnt even touched my sapphire copy. Still was a neat event.
Yeah, I got OR. A friend of mine got AS really recently so I'll be mapping while waiting for him to catch up so we can do the version exclusive stuff to get everything haha
Happy new year! :)
Thanks, you too!

Upvote 0
Update time! 1,000th poooooooooooost
Convenient picture album here.

• All traders have been complete (set up and detailed).
  • Collision for the outside area has been completed and now just needs fine tuning.
  • Pathing has been completed and fine tuned.
  • ~75% of the detailing have been completed.
Static mesh count has almost reached 3,000 (currently 2,813) with the light count now past 1,000 (1,107) so there's quite a lot of stuff on the map now. Luckily proper optimization has kept build times down to under 2 minutes!

Upvote 0