• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Mega Map Pack Story, Objective, Mutators & More

I seriously doubt there are 1100 "good" killing floor maps, more like 150-200, you should make a Grade-A map pack with some basic criteria:

- More than one trader
- No horrible music tacked on as ambient sound
- No zeds getting stuck
- No major exploits
- No external files
- Decent gameplay
- Decent look

I'm sure that would elimitate A LOT of them

Upvote 0
You also set it up horribly.

There is literally no reason at all to include beta and update versions of maps at all. Thats just wasting space and memory. Only include the latest versions of maps. There is no need to add official KF maps into your download either.

You should also have different category of gametype maps, like how i listed them in my thread. Have a map pack specifically for Objective maps, mission maps, gun game maps, etc.
DM- is a gamemode no longer supported (AFAIK)

If you state not to install KFPortraits.utx & KF_Soldier_Trip.ukx, then why even include them in the download? Just delete them, it saves the trouble of people who dont read posts (which is a lot).

You should not include anything else thats not part of or a map in a map pack, simply just link back to their official source page. There are people that will get confuse and wonder "why X is in my game"

Edit: I see that you have KF-Roofhop, did you find a individual download for it or did you just got it from another map pack?

Last edited:
Upvote 0